SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a boost gague....

I was thinking something along the lines of an A pillar housing and a custom dial so it matches the standard ones exactly!

I recon I could make a pretty close one using corel and some matt finish acetate! as I've made some stuff for work using that method...

All I need is a gague with the red needle to match! Anybody know of one?? pete??

Or a broken instrument cluster I could rip bits out of!!!

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
No need for the faffing mate, which is unusual for a Leon.. :(

I want one as well and I know VDO make exactly what we're after. Boost gauge with matt black face, red needle, white lettering with a red backlight. Perfect...

Only problem is I can't find a website with a full list of them on, I had it but the bookmark isn't in me list anymore..

As soon as we have the model number then I have the details of a company that should be able to get them for us, just need to find a website with the numbers and pics on..

Pete

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bargain!!!

I'll have a look around the web then!

Did you find any decent a pillar pods??

I'm gunna ask roly how many differnt instrument clusters there are for the leon.. cos iw ant me trip computer:D

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
The one in the second link looks like the one I'd seen. The first one matches but isn't quite right..

I found a page which had every VDO gauge on it with the part numbers, but I can't find it again... :(

Pete

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers my man that looks kool:D

Still think the dials look a bit shag though pete:(

We need a tasy A pillar pod mount too:D

·
Registered
728 Posts
The autometer boost gauge (ultralight series) has a red needle on a brushed aluminium background with black lettering and has selectable coloured backlighting too

I got mine from Mik at Impossible for £50 including fittings about a year ago

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
According to the Greddy site this is the stockist in the UK

SVS (Special Vehicle Service)
7 Bishopsmead Parade
East Horsley, Surry, KT24 6RT, UK
(148) 328-5657

****, just went on the greddy site and the backlight is green... Unless it's changable the search starts again... :(

Pete

1 - 18 of 18 Posts