SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheres the best place to get a boost guage and A-Pillar pod?

Im wanting one of the autometer guages, with the white face and orange needle, that lights up orange, just like my standard guages.

I also want a single A-pillar pod, not a "carbon fibre look" one, just a plain black abs plastic one.

So wheres the best place to get these and how much are they gona cost me?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just bought a 52mm Autometer Phantom Series gauge from a company called Apex Performance. It was only £51.50 for the gauge. They mainly do Nissan stuff (my mates got an S13 and gets alot of stuff from this site) so probably will not do a A-pillar pod but they might do a generic one that you can cut to fit. Give them a bell (01274 427757) and ask as my Autometer pod was not on the site but they still stock them. They give a good service and my pod and gauge came the morning after I ordered it.

http://www.apexperformance.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=161_152_156&products_id=151

·
Registered
148 Posts
I could not believe how easy they are to fit. First locate the valve that is shown on the picture below. It has a green cap on it that I cut off. Attach the boost hose (supplied with gauge) to this valve then run the hose to the dash, either through the bulkhead somewhere or as I did across the outside of the A pillar which when the door is closed is not visible. Attach the boost hose into the back of your boost gauge (use some PTFE tape). Now the electrics, I got power from the headlight switch as follows;

Take the fuse cover off (large panel with 2 pockets below the steering wheel). Just snap it out, don't worry it won't crack. Locate the light switch from behind through the hole. With your other hand, push the light switch knob in (just like when you pull it out to turn on fog lights) and turn it to the right until it stops. Now push the whole knob from behind with your other hand and it will come out completely. There are two wires here which you have to skin and connect (solder) wires onto. In the upper row of wires, locate the brown one on the right side: connect black, negative wire to it, then on the opposite side, locate the grey/blue wire and connect red, positive wire to it. If you wire it this way the gauge will dim along with the dash lights.

If you need anymore help drop me a line at [email protected]

Brian

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yeh no problem Si, I will get my digi cam back from a friend of mine and take some shots and write a how to. It probably won't be to long just a bit more detailed than my explanation above but I think the pictures will really help people to understand what I am going on about (might help me understand as well :D). Give me a week or so and I should have something ready. What format would you want it in and should I send it to yourself?

Brian

G

·
Superb Brian,

If you send it to me in the first instance and then I will have a quick look.

Text in word is fine and piccies in jpeg format.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Holloway, where did u get that guage from, how much was it and what colour does it light up?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.