SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about a month ago i noticed that i had a boost leak , it peaks at 17 psi then drops back to 14psi and then slowly falls to 8 psi , i have done a keak test on the guage and it is fine (using p.t.f.e tape aswell) any ideas ?

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Originally posted by gillm
about a month ago i noticed that i had a boost leak , it peaks at 17 psi then drops back to 14psi and then slowly falls to 8 psi , i have done a keak test on the guage and it is fine (using p.t.f.e tape aswell) any ideas ?
Do you mean a boost leak from your guage? ie static pressure drop, or whilst driving and see a drop.

Mine when driving does exactly this, boost spoke to 17psi, then drop to 14 then slides away down to 8psi.. This is as programmed on mine as the Oettinger ECU is asking for this reduced boost as the rpm climbs.

Do you mean a physical leak or when driving?

Bill

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Originally posted by Steve
that seems a bit low! only just above standard!:confused:
Mine drops down to 8psi as the revs climb.... always has. :(

Poxy software. Spikes to 17/18psi too before sliding away. (but there's nothing wrong with it of course... take it or leave it they said... Crock of ****)

Must be the German TUV quality.... **cough cough cough** :moony:

:dead:

Grrrrrr.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

G

·
Originally posted by badger5

Mine drops down to 8psi as the revs climb.... always has. :(

Poxy software. Spikes to 17/18psi too before sliding away. (but there's nothing wrong with it of course... take it or leave it they said... Crock of ****)

Must be the German TUV quality.... **cough cough cough** :moony:

:dead:

Grrrrrr.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Maybe a trip to Jabbaland is in order!:g

As ive said earlier, even with problems mine holds 16psi for as long as possible(till the turbo runs out of puff)

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Originally posted by Steve

Maybe a trip to Jabbaland is in order!:g

As ive said earlier, even with problems mine holds 16psi for as long as possible(till the turbo runs out of puff)
It certainly is... and for you know what :D Woo hoo :)

Washed my hands of my current install. Waste of time and space and certainly a complete waste of money..... "You've been conned!" rings in my ears DOH!

German quality BLAH, TUV approved BLAH, 3 year warranty BLAH BLAH B*ll*cks!

If only you knew what total cr4p was being said behind the scenes about this.... it would make your skin crawl and you would never use this particular tuner again.... It beggers belief the level some people drop to to wriggle out of things.... they even make stuff up now.. yea really. out and out lies now... (probably more a case of not being able to tell truth form fiction any more, such is the level of BS iterated from them/him so regularly. Must be needing waders now its that deep - LOL)

Sad but true.
DOH!

Bill

Ps. no names posted as to who I am talking about of course.. ;)

·
Registered
728 Posts
My car holds a 21psi boost to about 3.5k and tails down to 15psi to about 5.5k then drops slowly down to 11psi at 7k

I am running a V2 Upsolute chip that is specifically set to hold a 1.3 bar boost pressure for as long as it can

1 - 8 of 8 Posts