SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My seat leon mk2 boot lock started making a loud noise yesterday (Like a loud drilling noise) when I tried opening the boot. The boot latch doesnt seem to lock/close (even when i use the key fob). Then when i try and use the handle to open the boot it starts making a loud noise, like its trying to lock or something but unable to. (It seems stuck open)

If i start the car up, a light comes up on the dash showing that the door/boot is still open, plus the reverse light doesnt seem to work now either, although the other taillights work fine :?

I've seen some videos on youtube with the same issue, but not come across a definitive answer as to whats causing it?

Im guessing it might be the actual locking unit but not sure?

Anyone else come across this issue? Any help o advise would be much appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

My seat leon mk2 boot lock started making a loud noise yesterday (Like a loud drilling noise) when I tried opening the boot. The boot latch doesnt seem to lock/close (even when i use the key fob). Then when i try and use the handle to open the boot it starts making a loud noise, like its trying to lock or something but unable to. (It seems stuck open)

If i start the car up, a light comes up on the dash showing that the door/boot is still open, plus the reverse light doesnt seem to work now either, although the other taillights work fine :?

I've seen some videos on youtube with the same issue, but not come across a definitive answer as to whats causing it?

Im guessing it might be the actual locking unit but not sure?

Anyone else come across this issue? Any help o advise would be much appreciated

Thanks
Hi. Did you ever resolve the issue and if so, how please? Thank you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts