SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi.
I jusgot back from a high performance driving course thing. the bloke who does it is called John Lyon. 3 day course. one of the days he takes you on the millbrook test circuit. It was awsome took the car round a banked oval highspeed track. 130 max but he said it could go faster also he showed me how it should be done. on a twisty circuit. "testing the dynamics of the car" hehe. I never knew the car could do the things he was making it do, lol. like being on a roller coster. approaching corners at 80 and sliding it round like a rally car. also he takes you on the chobdon proving ground. I highly recommend the course to anyone who wants to "further enjoyment and skill in motoring" as he says.
if you put his name in search engins it should come up woth his website. the company is called HPC.

James.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Would like to do something like this in order to improve my driving skills on the twisties, the most important being not to make errors!

How much did it set you back?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi.
Yup, it definately teaches how to do twisty roads. He will show you how to take the corners aswell. using the full potencial of the car. each drive from his main office to the testing tracks on the 2 days took about 2 and a bit hours. The roads are white signed so there are no speed cameras which is good. The first day is 9.00 in the morning till 2.00 in afternoon. he mailny just talks abit and gsts to know you and does abit of driving around. the other 2 days are 9.00 in the morning till 5.00 in the afternoon. There is bed and breakfast very close to his office. Also the roads are fantastic round him. The first day will cost £140. but the other 2 days will cost £1057. So the whole course will cost £1197. And if he feels you are good enough he will recomend you to join the HPC club. I am told he is the best in the buisness. Definately worth the money.

James.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
His office adress is:

High Performance Course (office)
The Manor,
Tur Langton,
Leics,
LE8 0PJ

his phone numbers are 01858 545946 & 01858 540066

James

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.