SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thats what l think....... l can't believe those 2 girls have been murdered!! Why should those B£$&^%"s be let off.....ok they may get a life sentence but we all know that doesn't mean life in Britain......if that ever happened to my daughter l would so want to kill them!! :wound: :mad:

·
Registered
306 Posts
You're damn right, I think people like that should be stoned to death or something similar. Hope i dont offend peeps with my strong views, but that's how i feel :swear: :swear: :swear:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
The sick people should be murdered themselves, rather than having their identities changed with our tax money for them to commit it again!

These girls were only 10, they could do no harm, why harm them, their families and their community? It really does not make sense.

Tom

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Yup, bring back the death penalty, only so long as it's very slow, prolonged and painful, just like the poor girls endured.

How can people do these things?

I was on jury duty last week and believe me it was grim.

·
Registered
728 Posts
the death penalty would be too nice for them, they should be crucified in public and anyone that wants to have a go should be allowed to stone them, our laws on things like this are far too leniant

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Anyone ever seen the start of Full Metal Jacket where the soldiers get the soap, wrap it in towels and all hit Private Pile with them? Thats what these sick people should get, constant hittings like that, but with screws and things sticking out of the towel.

Sounds a bit mentalist and loopy but it would sure hurt and make the sick f'ers suffer.

Tom

·
Registered
306 Posts
It begs the eternal question at times like these

WHY ????

They sould be shown some serious pain:beye:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I live very near to Soham and have a few friends that live there one of them has an 11 year old boy who obviously knew the girls.
Although I hate the people that did this to the girls I think that if we bring back the death sentance it will make us as bad as the killers, and It will not give them the chance to reflect on what they have done wrong, something they will have to live with for the rest of their lives. I just hope they find enough evidence to convict who ever did this and I hope that the judge that passes sentence gives who ever is to blame the time in jail that they should get (lock the door and throw away the key). I am sure we have all heard stories of what happens to child killers when they are put in prison and some of them are nasty stories.

This is my opinion although others might not agree.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I personally think we should rid society of these weardos. They can't be mentally ill in my opinion because they lead normal lives and appear normal to the public. They are just sick minded evil Ba******. How can anyone speak on TV knowing what they've done and act all concerned. How do these people manage to get through checks to have jobs with kids.

In my oppinion if proven guilty they should be given a short time to prove their inocence and then got rid of, instead of the tax payer keeping them at great expense for a few years before letting them out to trick others with their sick minds.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I have to agree with Ben. I dont think they should bring back the death penalty. There is a small % of prisoners who are innocent and wrongly accused. For example, the guy that was meant to have killed Malcolm X. Even the family of Malcolm X reckons the wrong guy is in prison. In this case I reckon it was the American government that did this.

Anyway I think the death penalty would be an easy way out for killers. Every time they talk about the murders of Holly and Jessica I have to turn it over. It just eats me up thinking about how someone could do such a thing. But what I think is harrowing is the Police in this case have not officially named the two bodies as Holly and Jessica. I dread to think what sort of state these bodies are in if a 100% positve identification has not been made.

Gareth

·
Premium Member
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by SIDE SHOW TURBO
There is a small % of prisoners who are innocent and wrongly accused.

Gareth
Yeah but Forensics have come a long way and there are a very small percentage if any that are wrongly accused nowadays.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
You may have noticed recently that a guy was released from prison after ~27 years... oh yeh and he was INNOCENT.. they eventually agreed it wasn't him that committed the crime..

'WE' cannot take that sort of chance by having a death penalty.. no certainty is enough certainty when it comes to taking life..

I agree that the system is too leniant and doesn't punish the crime correctly but I think we would be taking a step backwards if we re-introduced the death sentence.

I do however hope that they convict the correct criminals for these terrible killings (innocent until proven guilty in this country).. and that whoever it is.. they put them away for life and make sure that they are not isolated from the rest of the prisoners.. as I believe that they will get treatment more deserved to them in a prison where other inmates can get 'medieval on their ***' (as taken from a well known film).. !!

My thoughts are with all those affected by the tragic loss of two young girls that had so much to experience and so much to live for.. the world is a tragic and confusing place.. lets try make it better.. !!

Increase the peace..!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
A few random thoughts:

State executions are no different from other methods of punishment in that they are (ostensibly) not acts of revenge. It is not possible for capital punishment to 'make us as bad as the killers' because the state is not carrying out a pre-meditated act upon an INNOCENT person who hasn't been convicted by a jury of their peers in accordance with the law.

I personally do not understand where this notion of 'It's wrong to kill people, for any reason' comes from? In certain circumstances it is not only necessary but the right thing to do in terms of the greater good. That said, I have no religious beliefs to blind me.
I do not for one second believe that perpetrators of these kind of crimes feel any remorse for their actions, at best you might get some crocodile tears but that'll only be because they didn't get away with it and have to face the consequences.

Usually when something is being banned, the old 'If it saves the life of one child, it's worth it' line is trotted out. Very effective emotional argument - can it not be applied to the death penalty or is that line just reserved for liberty-reduction legislation?

I also find it quite strange that some posters will not support capital punishment in case an innocent person is executed, but then go on to state that they'd be happy to see that same potentially innocent person deprived of their liberty and possibly tortured or killed in general population instead? Eh? Isn't that bit of a contradiction? Look, you either have the courage of your convictions or you don't - you either trust the Criminal Justice System to deliver the correct result or you don't. If you don't, there's no point in having one because no conviction will be 100% safe, ever. You can't have it both ways.

I am happy to take the chance of convicting an innocent, even if it means my own death, because I have enough faith in (or should that be contempt for?) the CJS to know that capital punishment wouldn't be invoked unless the conviction was 99% safe and even then only in the most heinous of crimes.

Frankly I find it perverse that the 'right to exist' of a child murderer is valued above that of the child victim in a society that purports to be 'civilised'. Sometime in the future, during their incarceration, the murderer(s) of Holly and Jessica will see something funny in a newspaper or TV, perhaps hear a joke and they'll smile, they might even laugh but it's something that those poor kids will never have the chance to do again.

To top it all off, I don't even like kids! :(

·
Registered
306 Posts
What a command of the English language. I totally agree with your sentiments. I'm not quite "an eye for an eye" person but I feel in cases like this then the death penalty should apply, only my opinion ad I'm not trying to force it onto others or convert them.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Very well put indeed Skywarp. As previously stated I agree with you, in certain cases I believe it the best option as some people don't deserve to live in our society, they just destroy the peace.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I aren't really going to get into this one, because there is a bigger picture that we clearly aren't looking at.

Genacide! It was carried out by people who believed whole heartedly that they were doing something for the good of 'their' society... whether others thought it right or not, it was what 'they' felt was right. It is now looked upon as depraved and inexcusable murder of innocent people.

I have no trust in the CJS, no trust in society and no trust in any religion (as I have none). You earn trust by showing you are capable of carrying out a task. We have yet to see a CJS that can do that task without making mistakes.

I myself am training to be a QP in the pharma industry which means I take on legal responsibility for the products I release to the public. If one of those products kills someone I become personally responsible. HOW is that going to happen with the CJS when a mistake is made? Accountability is necessary, especially when it comes to life or death.

I agree that there is NO punishment that is suitable for purpotrators of these sorts of crimes, but I do not think that a return to the age of capital punishment is a solution either.
No number of reports in newpapers and polls on websites and television shows about re-introduction of a death penalty is going to bring back the murdered loved ones of so many people..!!!

Base convictions on facts and keep the debate on criminal justice systems away from any actual events that create clouded emotional responses.

I in part agree with some of your sentiments Skywarp as you will establish (those of pity and sadness for society and those affected by tragedy) but I do not share your optimism of the possibly benefits of capital punishment. I hope you understand my reasoning rather than berating my comments by pointing contradictions in my thoughts that I clearly agree are there and due to emotional response, which is why I suggest separating the two issues and leaving the debate on capital punishment.

Hope some of that makes some sort of sense to you all?

G

·
.......wotever happens, I hope other inmates have been watchin the news closely ......cos if the public can't get to these physco's ....the other inmates will (hopefully)!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
ric, thanks for the compliment, although I must say that in grammatical terms I'm a bumbling amateur. A childhood of reading helps though. ;)

Scoobster, it was not my intention to berate you for your comments, merely to illustrate a flaw in the argument against capital punishment viv-a-vis unsafe convictions. That said, however stimulating the death penalty debate may be, it's a moot point. The EU actively opposes the death penalty and as such, in my view, nothing short of a coup d'etat and overthrow of Parliament will lead to it's reinstatement.

The statue of Justice atop the Old Bailey is blindfolded to represent that it is impartial, without passion or prejudice. In one hand she holds a set of scales, in the other, a sword. That sword is supposed to be used when the scales have tipped the wrong way. Used fairly, but used nonetheless. However, in our drive to appear more enlightened and civilised, we've allowed our leaders to replace the sword with a feather duster and tamper with the scales.

To address your point about Nazi genocide, it's worth remembering that history is written by the victor. Josef Stalin is believed to have matched or surpassed the numbers killed in Nazi death camps but this is downplayed because he was 'our friend' and those deaths don't count for the purposes of political expediency. It's a bad analogy to draw with regard to the CJS as those people were murdered. They were not tried fairly, convicted and executed in accordance with the German law of the time.

I'm happy to leave this debate as no-one has yet been convicted of the two girls murders and any debate on the death penalty is purely academic. Although I may not agree with your views Scoobster, but as oft-quoted: '...I will defend to the death, your right to express them.' :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts