SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

On my 1998 66kw diesel bamma (engine prefix AHU) the aluminium aircon coolant pipe has broke next to its securing clip on the engine near the oil filter.
My question is can i easily replace the said pipe and would it have damaged the aircon system?

cheers Whitty

·
Registered
111 Posts
dont run the AC! the loss of the lubricating oil in the system will damage the compressor! been there done that ! as for replaceing the broken pipe? not exactly sure which one it is thats gone? but you will IIRC need the correct tool to release some of the pipe connections! then have the system drained fully, pumped out and tested to see if it holds pressure? then re-filled with the correct weight of gas and lube oil and possible the dehydrator/collector replaced?
why has the pipe broken? old age? possible excessive engine movement? possible roll restrictor failure?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers fredt

i hope its old age tho looking at where the pipe has broke ie near a securing point it could also be excessive movement. whatever it was is there a way i could test the compressor without damaging it?

·
Registered
111 Posts
not really! I ran mine breifly with no gas in it and it now works with reduced efficiency! on some models there is a low pressure switch that wont allow the compressure to start up, unfortuanately not on mine
your best bet is find a indy ac guy and let him take a look

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.