SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I'm not too familar with Leons, is it the strips by the plate that have been sprayed or the bottoms?

I think the all over colour looks good!

Tom

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I like the colour coding thing on this but its all personal taste

If it were my car I would remove the strips from the doors and bumpers and have the all smoothed in, then painted.

G

·
DO it ........ I looked at the Leon Cupra R and it looks a lot better all painted and its not gonna lose you any money in the car because I think its an enhancemnet

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah its the bumper bottoms and rub strips along the doors and bumpers..

Would it look wanky if I added side skirts??

G

·
Matt, its your car and your money and you have to drive it so tough **** to those that dont like it ;)

Thats my two penneth!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ah I know that but I was asking your opinion...

I havent seen the leon r side skirts so I dont know if they will just look like a bodge with the standard bumper ie big fat wide ends one side of the wheel against thin ones the other side...

Just some ideas to play wiv at the mo anyhow...

I dont know if I can be arsed seeing as I will get ripped off by insurance *******s for painting bits anyhow:( bunch of ******s:(

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I went for a leon because its a larger car and I could fit in it better:D + I liked the fact that I could change the head unit and other stuff like damped grab handles etc.

The only thing I didnt like about it is it looks the same as a 1.4 lol

I found out from roly how much the seat front spoiler is and it was 400 and something quid!:eek: then needed spraying etc that works out at over twice the price of a Leon R bumper:eek:

I may order the side skirts as they are only 50 quid for the pair and see what they look like with the standard bumpers:D

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sure does!

have you looked at carsurvey.org recently?? the leon is getting slated for **** build though!

G

·
only just seen this!

Matt

Ive got my bumperstrips colour coded.

If you want an idea of what the look like in the flesh i can meet ya one day?

G

·
Originally posted by matt1e
bargain when mate???:)

I'm free sunday????

Where you get yours done how much moola?
Its a bit of a back hander on the paint front;) but the strips were about £30 all in from Ben, did the prep work myself cos they come textured so need flatting.

Sunday's cool with me, gimmie a bell cos my memory is ****!:D

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
mm another thought is....

My insurance seems to rocket if I declare any kind of modification... Could I get away with fitting the kit that comes on the latest cupra and not declare it then just say it came like it? As it in effect would just be the same as a cupra now??

Again just ideas....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts