SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, newbie here.

I'm seriously contemplating a 5 door 2001 Ibiza 1.9TDi S with 60000 miles on the clock for £4300 - to replace our Peugeot 306 XRDT which was totalled by a 12 year old. My limited experience of VAG group cars (a 225 TT roadster) has been good & has led me to SEAT for a sensible, reliable replacement.

Any help on the following, or links a FAQ, most appreciated:

1. The Pug had 172000 miles on it when it died. Can I hope for a similar life from a SEAT TDi?

2. Any common issues I should look out for (other than the usual smoking on startup)?

3. Is this sensible money?

4. Is it worth trying to blag a cambelt change?

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
The VAG TDi's are quite robust, so should last for a good while yet ;) Not sure on the common issues to be honest, a 2001 model will be the Mk3 so it might be worth starting a specific topic in that section of the forum. As for a cambelt change, its ALWAYS worth trying to blag things like that, a free service, full tank of diesel, etc. Just try your luck and see what you can get ;)

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
At 60k the cam belt change should have been done or about to be done - so yeah get that done if you can.

Not too many probs with the diesels - they're pretty robust though I must admit I have more experience with the newer PD models.

Info according to Parkers -

Original Price £10,795
Franchised Dealer £3,995
Independent Dealer £3,800
Private Good £3,535
Private Poor £2,785
Part Exchange £3,145

Based on a 2001 X with 50000 on the clock, so I'd say the price was a bit steep

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
leighharris;784899 said:
Also, your other threads have been deleted - only one is needed ;)
ok, thanks for that - alanjonesbath suggested posting in the mk3 forum too and I was attempting to have all the replies appear in one thread my x-posting. Won't do it again.

G

·
juggler;784920 said:
ok, thanks for that - alanjonesbath suggested posting in the mk3 forum too and I was attempting to have all the replies appear in one thread my x-posting. Won't do it again.
Dont worry its a learning curve :rofl8yi:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts