SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi as you know the Ibiza does not have any RCAs so I had to buy an RCA convertor which went on fine on the left side speaker but for the right have speaker I have had to extend the speaker wire as I could not figure it out from behind the HU, so I have to take it from the wire from the conector block for the right hand front speaker under the stearing wheel to extended it to the left had side of the car to connect it to the RCA convertor. I have now run the the RCA, remote wire and speaker wires down the left hand side and the power down the right.

The problem is the buzzing is come out the front right side but only when the car engin is on and I cant figure out the problem, I know it is an alternator whine but just cant figure it out, could I have blow my speakers as they are only standard one's.:confused:

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
What convertor are you using? To be honest I've never got on with them. I did an install in a 20vt a while back and had loads of trouble with engine noise through the convertor. In the end I ditched it and used the amps high level inputs. It was noise free then.

Pete

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure what covertor it is but its just annoying that its coming out of one speaker and it happens to be on the drivers side.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Try running your remote lead down with the power as well! I got the whine as well- increased with speed, now i dont:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts