SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ha! Im learning to fly a plane and going for my licence!! I got my second lesson on saturday!!

Funny or what!!

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Have not done it in a few years but I was in the Air Training Corps for 5 years where we learned to fly gliders and light training aircraft

was well wicked

wish you the best of luck mate ;)

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Had a couple of Glider lessons a few years ago but didn't have the time to get my licence. One day I'm going to start up again. Such a great feeling when you're up, no engine noise just gliiiiiiding....

Pete

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
noisy with the wind tho

Glidings great but it even better when you are in a powered aircraft and you start to throw it about the sky going upside down and things

amazing fun :D

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
I did have a go in a powered plane, don't remember what it was called now. But prefered the gliding. OK so there's a bit of noise, you don't go as fast and you can't throw them about as much but I thought the glider was so much better. One day I'm gonna own a glider of my own, one of my ambitions.

Impresses the ladies too ;)

Pete

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
the best bit about gliding is the take off

where I live there is an airfield which is used by the ATC for thier gliding and the winch that pulls you up is nicknamed King Kong and the G Force on take off has been compared to an F4 Phantom (a plane no longer in service unfortunately)

hopefully will get the chance to do it again

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
thats the one

then the nose dips, you release the cable and your off :D

They give you parachutes now but when I did it you were not given anything, was a wee bit daunting to say the least

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got back from the Flying school and I got my Pilots Log book and Flight training manual and paid for my first 6 lessons. Cant wait to get my licence and then im takin a bird up for a flying :no:

:elo: Might get a banner tied to the back of the plane with http://WWW.SEATENTHUSIASTS.CO.UK for next years Trax lol:

·
Registered
699 Posts
My old man was ihn the Marines flying various Helicopters but when he left the forces he looked into taking his fixed wing pilots licence and passed with flying colours but couldnt get a decent job flying planes so he went back to flying helicopters for the Devon and Cornwall / Somerset and Dorset Air Ambulances.

When he was flying planes he took me up a couple of times and let me take control but that is as far as I ever got to flying a plane.

Last time I went flying with him was last year when I had both my Arms in plaster casts. We had to take the Air Ambulance from Exeter to RAF Cosford in Birmingham (or at least in that direction). Made it there in 1hr and 30mins and that included going via Wales. Not bad going me thinks.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wicked!!

Not looking for a job in flying, just looking and a goal to acheive which is fun and ill be able to go places ;)

G

·
I have flown a lot whilst in the Army in some bloody dodgy aircraft!

Came back from Bosnia on R&R and the contract was given to the Russian Air Force and they use Tupalovs which apparantly have the worlds worst crash record.

Also been in a Hercules the Transporters and spent 16 hours init DOOP! And even worse when the Kiwi Army flew from Auckland to Bosnia it took them 10 days with stops!

Been in an Apache, a Tornado, a Lynx, A Chinook and a few others

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Originally posted by Holloway
Ha! Im learning to fly a plane and going for my licence!! I got my second lesson on saturday!!

Funny or what!!
i know a man that can fly plane's :p well that's what he tells me anyway.
he also says he can sail boats but that's another story :D :D

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
:moony: :moony: :moony: :moony: :moony: :moony: :moony: :moony:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

NO he can't ride a scooter better than me :p im the master @ that :D :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.