SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm a newbie on this forum and need some help finding the low pressure valve for the air con on my 1999 Alhambra 110 TDi. The reason is i bought a 'air con top up kit' with the so called universal adapter which should be attached to the low pressure side of the ac. (I know these kits shoul be avoided if you talk to the experts but that is another discussion for another day). I need to top up since it is no longer cooling
I can only see one visible valve located just behind the radiator but the universal adapter does not fit presumably as this is the high pressure valve. Last time it was topped up by the garage thry only used this valve anyway. I've searched the net but no luck, although some people have said that on newer cars some systems only have a high pressure valve.
Any help would be appreciated.
Jav

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry been away for a couple of weeks but thanks for the help. Could you just clarify what you mean (I know I sound like a complete idiot) but in the engine compartment I can't see some ac pipes going into that area but can't actually see the valve. Is it supposed to be hidden behind the indicator and if so how do you remove the side indicator to get at it as I can't see any screws holding it in (maybe I have to take of the headlight cluster first? any help would be appreciated

1 - 4 of 4 Posts