SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing as it was a long weekend and i wasn't getting any studying done, i decided to clean the throttle body out. The last few weeks the car has been feeling really sluggish and slow. So took the piping off gave the throttle body a right seeing too. Then i noticed (well my brother pointed out) that my accelerator cable was loose. Checked with Haynes and adjusted it. Took her for a spin and oh my god. She is flying. Put a massive smile on my face :)
Plus on the way back last night got 35mpg at 75mph.

·
Registered
340 Posts
meh - £25 petrol got me 255 miles and the light was only on for 12 miles :p
thats a 2 litre 8v - not granny driving

any other car would struggle to get 130miles per 25 notes..!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
david_mckellar;783638 said:
meh - £25 petrol got me 255 miles and the light was only on for 12 miles :p
thats a 2 litre 8v - not granny driving

any other car would struggle to get 130miles per 25 notes..!
Whats your secret? The most ive ever got fom a full tank is 270miles. And mines a 2l 8v too!

·
Registered
20 Posts
best mpg I ever had from my cupra was 53.4mpg! (that's what my computer told me anyhow) couldn't believe it! granted I was pootling along a load of flat country b roads on a sunday afternoon with no traffic in sight! never managed it since tho!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
in my 1.0 i usualy got a whopping..... 22mpg!
that engine was poo in a heavy car lol, my exhausts dont help either, must say the 1.4 is miles better. managed about 200 miles on around 35 quid of fuel last week with a mixture of motorway, country roads and A roads. most of it was just cruising about in high gears but there was the occasional heavy footed moment lol

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
graffacake;784129 said:
the 1.4 is miles better. managed about 200 miles on around 35 quid of fuel last week with a mixture of motorway, country roads and A roads. most of it was just cruising about in high gears but there was the occasional heavy footed moment lol
When i had my 1.4 i used to get about 100 miles form £10. That was a mix of motorway and town driving. Although at the time petrol was about 79p a litre which may be why.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
ive found using super unleaded makes a huuuuggge difference, cant notice it on power but it seems to last so much longer. found v-power to be the best so far

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
graffacake;784167 said:
ive found using super unleaded makes a huuuuggge difference, cant notice it on power but it seems to last so much longer. found v-power to be the best so far
I dont know. I think i get slightly more miles out of the super unleaded stuff but then your paying that much more so i reckon it probably cancels out ( what you pay against how much more miles you get).
Also someone told me that i shouldn't use the shell v power as its 99 octane and my engine wasn't made for that. Not sure how true it is to be honest?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
krishen;784220 said:
I dont know. I think i get slightly more miles out of the super unleaded stuff but then your paying that much more so i reckon it probably cancels out ( what you pay against how much more miles you get).
Also someone told me that i shouldn't use the shell v power as its 99 octane and my engine wasn't made for that. Not sure how true it is to be honest?
i heard sumit like that.burns your valve seats out quicker or sumit apperently :mad:O

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hmm, sounds like rubbish to me. Higher the octane rating the better :eek:).

I know what you mean about the car flying. Was at RAF Marham at a track day yesterday. My 142bhp Ibiza was keeping up with a 210bhp chipped 1.8T Ibiza round the track.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.