SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right guys here's the problem was at Tesco and when i went bk 2 the car i couldent get it started. In the end i rolling start it which got it going when i got it bk 2 the house fo further inspection this is what i saw. Its basically just not turning over iv heard its common for their 2 be a solinoid fault
THANKS...

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
well if its turning and not starting I would suggest checking spark plugs and leads, and distributer

actually what are you saying its not turning over or it is?!?!

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
ok after a bit of searching around I have come up with :

Check ignition leads for a spark, the plugs, dizzy cap and other things that are common are the crank sensor, temp sensor, ignition starter coil and fuel pump relay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm ross's mate. Just to clear a few things up, theres no problem with it firing, it just wasn't turning over at all.

When you try and start it you can hear the motor going but it doesn't turn the engine over - its as if it isn't engaging with the flywheel. I'm not totally sure of the starter motor setup but would that mean the solenoid is buggered and if so what are the options, new starter motor or can you sort the solenoid?

The car started and ran fine when we bump started it so there is no problem with sparks, dizzy etc etc.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
donsrno1;782989 said:
I'm ross's mate. Just to clear a few things up, theres no problem with it firing, it just wasn't turning over at all.

When you try and start it you can hear the motor going but it doesn't turn the engine over - its as if it isn't engaging with the flywheel. I'm not totally sure of the starter motor setup but would that mean the solenoid is buggered and if so what are the options, new starter motor or can you sort the solenoid?

The car started and ran fine when we bump started it so there is no problem with sparks, dizzy etc etc.
sounds like a duff solenoid.you can replace the solenoids but ur beter off just replacing the whole starter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.