SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone come across this problem before? I own a 56 plate 1.2 reference Ibiza that has done 13000 miles. Over the last 6000 miles the car has developed a shake at tickover which can be quite uncomfortable. The dealers have replaced two coils at different times which seems to make it better for about a day. Other symptoms are the exhaust immision warning light has come on if the engine has been put under load and then stays on for about an hour. I use this car as a driving school car and its my second 1.2 Ibiza, the first one was as smooth as a babies bum. Any help would be appreciated as the dealers don't seem to know what the're doing.

·
Registered
745 Posts
ItalianStallion;780089 said:
I have an 06 plate leon 2.0 TDI which also shakes when the car is adle....dealerships dnt seem to be able to find the fault, very annoying now
Noticed my 06 2.0 TDI does it to.. not a huge prob, just a slight inconsistency in the idle. Don't think it does it all the time but i noticed it again last night (car had been driven plenty before it did it). I just thought it could be a diesel thing.

I'll have to try de clutching to see if that has any effect?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My car has sorted itself out for now, it only shakes on tickover when its pointed downhill! I've noticed it improved after the dogdy fuel at Morrisons was sorted out although i live in west yorks, so it should not have affected it. I have always bought my fuel at Morrisons.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
sheene;780383 said:
My car has sorted itself out for now, it only shakes on tickover when its pointed downhill! I've noticed it improved after the dogdy fuel at Morrisons was sorted out although i live in west yorks, so it should not have affected it. I have always bought my fuel at Morrisons.
Engine Mounts :yes4lo:

Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've finally had my problem sorted out regarding the car shaking on tickover. After the dealer changed coils on No. 1 and No. 2 cylinder which made no difference at all, the compression was then checked and found to be low on 2 cylinders. A bit naff to say it only has 3 cylinders! After stripping the engine they found that the valve seats were oval on all cylinders. The dealer then decided to have the valve seats remachined which cured the shaky tickover but then the whole car vibrated harshly under accelleration! . After contacting VW they said that the cylinder head must not be remachined because it puts it out of balance. So finally after fitting a new cylinder head the car finally behaves itself.
Sheene. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts