SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I'm wanting to get a cd changer for my seat ibiza.

The model I have is Seat ibiza 1.4 cool/s (x reg (year 2000)).

I was just wondering if this will already have the cables from the back of the seat sound system to the back of the boot so I only have to connect the cd changer to a connector, or whether I will have to buy the cables as well?

Help would be great.

Thanks alot.
Craig

·
Registered
793 Posts
Check the boot on passenger side. Cables if fitted will be by suspension strut. You may see a slit (+ shape) in carpet this is where it will be hidden. If after hunting round you can't find it you may want to check back of head unit. Just unscrew two screws at bottom of console below AC controls and Gently ease the front forward (careful of ribbon cable). Unscrew the four screws holding metal box in dash (this is headunit). Pull unit forward but be careful of HU wires at back. If CD Changer is connected then you will have the standard ISO conectors for power, speakers etc and one combination connector made up of a Blue connector (CD Chnager cable) a Green one (external temp sender) and Yellow one (unknown) on back of unit. If not fitted you will just have the Green and yellow ones together. You can buy a cable from SEAT for about £12. I did this and found that i already have a cable installed, however cable bought from SEAT is too short for boot so its either for a glove box or under seat changer.

Any probs then i believe Cupra Lee is the man to ask.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
right, i've had a look at the back of the actual unit by taking the whole front panel off like u described in the topic, and at the back of the head unit, where all the cables and wires are going to, on the very top section of connectors, theres a blue one, a green one and yellow one.

Does this mean that the CD Changer cables are connected?

I couldn't find it in the boot but maybe I need to look a bit harder there, but if its def the right cable in the back of the unit then i'm ok to get the cd changer yea?

Thanks in advance

Craig

·
Registered
793 Posts
I would definitely check again in the boot before you do anything. May be worth tugging at carpet to lift it away from side of boot just to make sure it not there, but i would have thought it would be there if the connector is on back of HU. Check passenger side of car behind back of rear seat it could be pushed up there and not all the way to the strut.

Can any one else confirm this is case if connector on back of HU. Only i don't want Craig to buy cable and need not to like i did.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright mate, thanks for all the help, i have been rooting around in the boot again and managed to find the connector so I think it should all be ok now and I can simply plug the changer to this connector yea?

I have attached the photo of it to this post.

Thanks again.

Craig

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i'm pretty sure that it just clips into the changer, i have seen a photo of the connector on the actual changer and it looks like it will just clip in.

I'm getting the changer on friday night so ill let you know, but i really would imagine thats all it is, can anyone else just confirm that for me?

Thanks
Craig

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
On back of passenger seat, U only need to make sure it is level and that you have enough clearance at the top for taking out the CD cassette, kinda depends on what plans you have for other ICE gear tho. It comes with all the bits you need to mount it but I do suggest you use a template and pre-drill the fixing holes.

:D

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
when u buy one of these changers on that site link you have given, can these just slot into the adapter that is already in the boot or do u need to buy another adaptor as well?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
alright mate, just before you buy one of them, check them out on this page too, i'm pretty sure they will plug straight into the connector.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i'm actually picking up a second hand one that someone took out of an ibiza before so i know it will fit.

have u actually found the connector cable in the boot?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yep it plugs straight in. if you got the original mounting bracket as well then it screws to the side of the suspension strut. there are 3 circles in the carpet just behind the passnger seat. pull them out and you will find 3 holes in the inner skin of the car, the changer braket bolts to this.
I also drilled and additional hole in the braket and screwed it with a self tapping screw to the skin too. only thing to watch if you do that is that you don't go through the outer skin too else you will end up with a hole in the wheel arch like i did. I have sealed it will some underseal to protect the wall of the arch from the dreaded water.

If you stuck then let me know and i take some piccies. I would have done now, but it pi**ing down at the moment.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts