SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
well i got the cd changer last night and had it second hand off a member from this board who was very helpful with me.

All it does is simply plugs into the connector and thats it! Simple as that.

I just need to mount it to the suspension strutt, if you've got any photos of how this is done then plz post them, otherwise i'll just have to do it how i think it would be.

Craig

·
Registered
793 Posts
First locate the 3mounting holes in the side of the car behind rear seat
pic 2 ( sorry can't remove bracket as it screwed to side of car (blue circle). With the mounting bracket there should be the rubber mounting points and bolts and some funny nut things.
These nut things are pushed/hammered/attacked with brute force in the holes in side of car. The rubber mountings go in between these and changer bracket and then it is bolted up with bolts provided. (WARNING: do not try to tighten these too tight if you have had a game trying to get the nut things in the holes in car as they will be pulled out when tightened too much. I speak from several hours of trying and many times called them by several words in french)

If you want add an additional mount then find yourself a self tapping screw and drill other end of changer bracket and screw it in there. (BEWARE: dont drill too far in to car as you will go through both skins of car and end up in wheel arch as i did. If you do do this then just seal the screw over in wheel arch afterwards with sealant or underseal to stop corrosion to car)

Then bolt the changer to bracket with the bolts remaining.

And Bobs your Uncle. One fitted Cd Changer.

Note: The the brown and blue wires you see trailing to the Changer are the Earth and remote for the Amp. As i have screwed the bracket to car the earth cable is just bolted on to chnager bracket using the mounting bolts for changer. Remote is connectec in Pin 8 (grey wire) of the Changer end of cable as this is the remote feed for the changer it self.

·
Registered
2 Posts
sorry to post on your thread but can anyone help me. i have a 2001 seat ibiza found the cable for the cd changer in the boot but no changer. i have been given a changer from my brother which is out of his mk1 octavia vrs theres more pins/cables than the connector coming from my car though. would it still work and if so how would i modify it.

cheers

21 - 24 of 24 Posts