SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I've copied this from an earlier thread in MK3 forum. I'm looking for help with a CD Changer which I've installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated/

I finally bought a 6 CD Changer for Grundig Head Unit and Ibiza 00 car. The connection is perfect. I even get some power to it. The problem now is that when i selct CD on the Dashboard Unit, I get Error and nothing happens. I cannot eject the CD's I have in it, and cannot seem to disconnect the Cable connection!!!!!

Is there any way I can get this to work, or at least eject the CD's?

There is a possibilty that the Head Unit / Radio unit is not working properly, tho it does play and I can also play Casettes.

Very frustrated with the whole experience.

Yours,
Lvbrs

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
are you definately sure its the right changer?? If you cant disconnect it, it sounds like you've maybe forced it in? did it make a whirry noise when you plugged it in?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. Thanks for your reply.

I bought it on eBay from a VW parts shop. He assured me several times that it would suit a SEAT IBIZA.
It didn't make that sound, as far as I can recall. When I press the eject button it makes a sound like it is trying to engage / disengage a CD. The only message I get on the Dashboard is Error. At least by this I feel that there is some kind of connection. Nothing happens at all. Is there a way of ejecting the cartridge, as can be done on a CD ROM on a PC?

Cheers,

Thomas.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
no the only way is to press the button on the changer....ok turn the stereo on, open the flap, and just try ejecting it then, and try prodding it a bit. If not then im afraid it needs to go for repair probably.

We used to have cd changers coming into work and the sleeve would get stuck inside and we'd have to send it away for repair :( i'd talk to the ebay guy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi DAve,
I've just gone to check a few things with it. I was able to disconnect it from the cable. Was doing it wrong the other day obviously. I opened up the console / Dashboard and removed the Radio / Head Unit. I disconnected and reconnected any connectors there to make sure they were OK. Still no joy and can't eject the discs. Have written to eBAY guy twice but got no response. I'm trying to pin it down to either a faulty head unit or a fautly CD Changer. Driving me mad!!

Thanks,

Thomas

·
Registered
150 Posts
ok here is one for u guys, my brake pedal is making strange noises, the best way to describe it is when i brake then lift my foot it sound as the the air is coming out of the pedal, the same noise as air escaping from a tyre, any ideas on what it could be?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts