SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I know this is a very old man sort of thing to want, but my partner has an armrest in her car, and I find it very useful and comfortable when I drive her car.

Therefore, I am looking to have one put in my Leon (2004 Mk1). The rest of my interior is cloth, therefore I am want the cloth armrest. So I contacted my Seat dealer, the armrest is £124 (inc. VAT), and they wanted another £106 (inc. VAT) to fit it which almosts doubles the price.

Is there anyone out there who has had one put in their car and knows how easy it is to install. Is it something you can do yourself.

Also does the armrest suit the interior and not look out of place.

Your comments are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Got to be worth a go yourself - £100 for fitting that is unbelievable!! If you can get a cheap one of fleabay, then you can save yourself a few more quid! ;)

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Bought one for my LCR, was about £96 including postage from a Seat dealer in Austria! (give or take for the exchange rate) :D

Fitting was very easy, all I needed was a torx driver, socket & ratchet and a stanley knife to cut the hole. Don't think it took any more than an hour, including finding the tools in my hell hole of a garage!

Probably the best mod I've done to my LCR - now it's there I can't not use it, massive improvement!

While I had the console up I tightened up my handbrake a bit too, now only 3 'clicks' instead of 5 or 6. Speaking of which, with the arm rest down it is a little tricky to get to the handbrake... but if you're like me, you only use it twice per journey - once when you set off, second time when you park up - so not really a problem :)

Oh and yes, I think it suits the interior - doesn't look out of place at all. Just make sure you get the right colour, I got a black one to match the black Recaro's - I believe you can also get grey fabric or black leather as well.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Yeah you can pick them up off Ebay, kinda copies for around the £50 mark, they come in both cloth and leather, as i was wanting a Beige leather one for my Leon sometime but never got round to it yet!

I think you can search Golf mk4 armrest on Ebay and its the same thing and fits Leon's. Someone once posted it dont fit but i think they do, dont hold me to that lol!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts