SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just got a call from the wife....she got in my 99 Toledo V5 to go somewhere and the alarm went off! Looks like inserting the key into the drivers door (she has the spare without remote) and unlocking has only unlocked the drivers door....not all the doors. Obviously this hasn't de-activated the alarm. Same happens if she tries the passanger door.

Weird thing is, if she opens from the boot, all the doors unlock fine and the alarm is deactivated!

This has happened before to me...in a petrol station forecourt where the one door unlocked and I could start the car but as soon as I did, the alarm went off. Can't for the life of me remember how I solved it tho. I think it was just playing with locking/unlocking various doors until it sorted itself out but could be wrong.

Another thing I have noticed in the last few days is that using the remote to lock the car works but I wasn't getting the single flash of the indicator lights when it locked....

Any ideas?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well...I can now manually lock/unlock as normal via the passanger door & the boot. However, using the lock on the drivers door will only unlock the drivers door and not switch the alarm off. If all doors are unlocked though, you can lock them as normal from the drivers door....dunno what's going on!

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
On my Ibiza, if you used the spare key you had to insert the key in the ignition within 10-15 secs of unlocking the door, otherwise the alarm wouldn't deactivate.

Using the spare would also only unlock the drivers door.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
leighharris;784726 said:
On my Ibiza, if you used the spare key you had to insert the key in the ignition within 10-15 secs of unlocking the door, otherwise the alarm wouldn't deactivate.

Using the spare would also only unlock the drivers door.
The spare key has always locked/unlocked all doors before this. Also, I was using my main key last night and that has the same effect as detailed above.

·
Registered
160 Posts
DaftMule;784474 said:
Another thing I have noticed in the last few days is that using the remote to lock the car works but I wasn't getting the single flash of the indicator lights when it locked....

Any ideas?
If you don't get the flash it means that one of the locks has not made the 'closed' sensors - thus it thinks that all the doors are not closed.

A similar thing happens on mine whereby if I lock the car with the boot open the locking works but no flash. Then once I close the boot I get the flash of the indicators.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts