SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just got a year 2000 Seat Leon 1.6 and am not sure about the central locking, I forgot to check was it working when I took it for a test drive but the dealer had central locking in the ad as a feature. Now the dealer says it doesn't have it, however I think he means it doesn't work. I don't know anything about central locking but should there be a button on the key and also should there be a red LED beside the driver door lock (my parents VW Passat has both these features so thought t might be similar?) The driver door seems to have been replaced, might this cause a problem?

It's a real nuisance without CL, especially for the boot so if the dealer can't get it working I'd consider returning the car (although I really like to keep it).

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
does the cl work with the key in the door? If so, then you are prob just missing the remote key.

I have a light on the door on my 03 Leon Cupra

·
Registered
653 Posts
not sure if early ones didnt come with CL. mine dont have any red lights as such, it does/did have on my old headunit for the immobliser (as its built into the standard headunit a bit) it should come with it but go on autotrader and type in your model, it usually gives a spec list what comes with what car and when, like upgrades for the 1.6's S models got aircon in 02 or something. check that :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Slicker: The cl doesn't work with the key in the drivers door either? However the door lock buttons look like all cars with central locking, they are small, go down fully and can only be lifted by opening the door from the inside or using the key.

Leon_Paul:L I was on http://www.parkers.co.uk and can't see any reference to any model without CL.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I had a 00 Leon....it was only a 1.4, but it had remote central locking. Mind you, it didn't have a little red light beside the drivers lock....but my 98 Ibiza prior to that did have a little red light beside the door lock...this used to light up and flashed when I'd turn the key in the lock and it had the effect of activating the central locking. I think it's a bit suss your car not having central locking. Is it possible that the replacement driver's door made it impossible for them to get the central locking working?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I would expect to be quoted an extortionate rate if I were you....I'm not sure exactly how much things like that cost, but if you're buying off another dealer, he'll probably have his nose out of joint because of that! Maybe it'd be possible to do yourself as Leon Paul above is suggesting...

·
Registered
653 Posts
Yeah it can be done but I would recomend taking it to an autoelectrician, but you will be paying quite a bit. Central Locking kits are not expensive, few wires, control box and solenoids, but remember, door cars need to be removed, solenoids fitted, wiring ran through etc etc a Dealer would be laughing to the bank yet an autosparky will probs do it alot cheaper but still cost a bit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
653 Posts
must be that then mate. if you dont have electric windows either then your 1)unlucky and B) unlucky lol!

I did bit searching on Ebay and the kits on there for Central Locking at least go for around £30, a good company to use is DIY GTI, do a search and you should find them, im sure they would send it to Ireland.

Also I know Directcarparts.co.uk also stock these things, bit dearer i think but check them out or do a search for DCP on yahoo/google.

Out else just drop us a line on here:)

·
Registered
653 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.