SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking on ebay for a centre console for my car (Still looking for one!! :baffled5wh: )

Ive found this on the website:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Seat-Ibiza-Mk...97486850QQcategoryZ100918QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Im just wondering, will this definetly fit in my car?? It is quite a good deal cos u also get the gearknob n gaiter n handbrake handle and gaiter!!

Also does any1 know what engine is in the 1.4 8v Seat Ibiza Estillo??

Is it a 1390cc SOHC or 1391cc or a 1390cc DOHC engine??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=110103381146&rd=1&rd=1

Im wondering cos i saw this on ebay n thinking of getting it cos it cheap but its no good if my car engine is the 1390cc DOHC engine! :baffled5wh: :confused1bb:

Thanks for any help in advance!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yeah, that will fit your car. It is exactly the same as the one I stripped out of my car (94 GTi)

If your car is 8v, it will only have 1 inlet and 1 outlet valve per cylinder, so it can only be a single camshaft so an SOHC. Hence the book will be ok for you. TBH unless you are seriously considering stripping the engine, even if it was the DOHC engine, it would still answer 95% of the questions. I've got a Haynes manual for the A3 which doesn't cover the S3 or quattro models - however it is invaluable.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rite guess wat?? Finally got a hold of a centre console for my car!!

Won the auction on ebay as mentioned above!! So the next question is how will i fit the centre console. I no it screws onto the underside of the centre console at the front but im wondering about the handbrake side!? How do i fit it down there?? And how will i got about putting the new handbrake gaiter (got a leather one to put on) and handbrake handle on??

Thanks for any further help in advance.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Mk2 Ibiza were never available over here with 1.4 16valve engines.
That Haynes Manual is the same one I've got from when I had my Ibiza.

If you look closely on that picture you'll see 2 little rectangular covers, under there is are screw holes which hold it down at the rear.
Although wether the mounts will be there in yours, I don't know.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wud the Mk4 Polo 1.4 16v engine be a straight swap?? Sounds tempting to dump on in my car!!

Rite a thing with the centre console, lookig at the bit that sits at the front, it has a hole in it n in the haynes manual it says it bolts to abit on the floor beside the heaters, but mine has a plastic cover there, does this plastic cover thing come off?!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts