SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have our own chatroom now and I havent seen many peeps i there ........ follow the link on the main site!

·
Premium Member
9,548 Posts
Abi if u just click and hold the left mouse button and then move the mouse down the left side of the page u should see it.... :)

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I don't like it... personal comment and all..

I think it is slow and doesn't have the true essence of 'live' chatting that IRC posesses. There didn't appear to be any form of user list letting you know who was in the room.

I just don't like php chat... I'll stick to IRC and just have to use the forum to contact you lot.

As a note, Si: any reason for dropping chathostuk.com ???

I have merged the company with Americhat.com and so now provide services across the globe with many concerns in brazil and the states.
It has provided a new server link and we are now hosted on a server strapped to the network backbone (155mb/s). It is also running nickserv, chanserv and others, and is fully admin'd by a host of IRCops that are willing to provided assistance at any time night or day (as we have Op's from all sides of the globe so someone is always awake).

If you are happy with php mychat then fair enough, athough I would be interested to know if reasons for not sticking with chathostuk as I am always striving to improve service and that requires feedback.

If you do desire to move back to chathostuk.com then feel free to contact me and I will get my business partner and techie guy Steve to set it up straight away.

Regards

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Simple... informative.. and effective... how we like to run things.. :D

No need for flashy scripting init.. lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Martin, I never dropped it mate, I went in one day when the hosting was on and it was there because It had been included with the hosting package!

It was something taken out of my hands!

I think a poll and ask peeps which one they want would be the fairest way ahead dont ya think?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Yup... fair enough.. :)

I can offer the service to you free of charge at the moment as before, so it doesn't really matter to us if you decide to stick with your existing chat service, but was more interested in if there was a reason, which there clearly wasn't... just want to provide the best service possible to users and feedback is the best way init.. :)

by all means have a poll on whether you want to have the irc chat service resumed.. if so, then I can make it so (as captain picard would say, so I have heard).

Contact me about the GFB too Si..!! ;) if ya intersted in getting rid like..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts