SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to work out what's best for me to do to my 110 TDI, and I've come up with a couple of options:

Dragon Performance chip

TDI Tuning chip

REVO remap

The car is 3 years old, with 50K on the clock, and is completely standard, but I'd like just a little more power with perhaps better MPG when the wife is in the car too! I was after a 130 TDI when I bought this car, but couldn't find a good one for the right money.

I can't see myself ever wanting any more from it, as I have other options for a fun performance car.

I know a couple of satisfied Dragon customers, but I've not heard much about TDI Tuning. I know everyone rates REVO very highly, but as I'm not looking to go any further, is it worth the extra money over a plug in? The other point I guess is that I can always take a plug in chip out again, and sell it (if I sell the car etc).

The plug in chips also seem to be cheaper, and supposedly offer similar gains...

Any comments?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The CC phase One seems to be £350 plus VAT = £411. TDI tuning chip = £150, and Dragon sell marked items for £150 too..

Is it really worth the extra cost?
Just call me cheapskate! :D

G

·
The phrase you get what you pay for springs to mind ...

These £150 ones are not someone sitting with your car checking your ECU and spending an hour with you its £150 and bye bye .....

So yes cheapskate gets you what you pay for!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
It's not built by the VAG Group, nor is it approved by them........

If you look closely & read deeper you'll find out that it uses some VAG parts (the connectors) so it "looks like" it's made by VAG - it is not :)

It also does not state anywhere that is it "approved by VAG Group", only that others are not approved.....

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts