SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folowing on from my post about the chip companies I contacted (APR, Jabbasport and RSD), would people who have experience of any of these, or any other chip for the Ibiza 20VT, post here and let me know your thoughts - i.e. Does it come up to supposed power, any reliability problems, after-sales service, any warranty issues, and whether you think its worth the price etc.

Oh, and also what engine you have - AYP/AQX.

I'd appreciate all thoughts. PM me if what you have to say is libellous:eek:

G

·
Well done Stuart, I would prefer that some of the comments are not on this forum espcially as we are trying to work with all of them ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If thats what you'd prefer - although i'm sure people would be interested to hear, particularly if backed up with evidence.

Any comments on chips PM me or email at [email protected]

G

·
Lol, its just that some comments have appeared on here that I dont think are very constructive and should be taken up with the suppliers rather than the forum being used as a "slag off" section!

There are enough peeps on here to give you a decent idea about how they all go!;)

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Originally posted by Stuart
Folowing on from my post about the chip companies I contacted (APR, Jabbasport and RSD), would people who have experience of any of these, or any other chip for the Ibiza 20VT, post here and let me know your thoughts - i.e. Does it come up to supposed power, any reliability problems, after-sales service, any warranty issues, and whether you think its worth the price etc.

Oh, and also what engine you have - AYP/AQX.

I'd appreciate all thoughts. PM me if what you have to say is libellous:eek:

Snapshot for ya.
AYP-2001 Ibiza 20VT.
RSD/Oettinger/Amethyst supplied "210" car.

Dyno'd at between 188-193bhp many times.

Reliable, never overboosted into limp mode
Expensive conversion which dissapointed in actual power terms.

Much more fun than a standard one tho...
Never want to have a standard one after a chipped one :D

Good luck on your search.
Bill

G

·
Anyone got experience of the AMD chip?
No one on here as far as i know,

Ive got experience of there chips on TT's,

Good aftersales customer services, i even ring them sometimes when we have faults on standard car's!

Had a few TT's with problems, quick phone call and the problem is sorted quickly and professionly with minimum of effort from me:D

Good bunch of lads down there, Scotts ya man for sales and info, very informed chap!, Geoff does the RR.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I looked at their site - looking at the company profile they ahve a lot of experience there.

I am awaiting a response to my email to them, re chipping Ibizas, AYP engines etc.

G

·
I looked at their site - looking at the company profile they ahve a lot of experience there.

I am awaiting a response to my email to them, re chipping Ibizas, AYP engines etc.
Let me know how you get on, always found them really good.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AMD 1st E mail:

Hello Stuart,
>
> I am sorry in the delay in getting back to you. In response to your
e-mail,
> yes we have known a lot of these vehicles to have running problems, but it
> is no problem in remapping a good standard car. The cost of a remap is
£250
> + VAT. This will give you a extra 10 horsepower and around 10 torque. The
> time it will take is around three hours. This may seem like a long time
but
> each vehicle is remapped to that individual vehicle and is tailored made
for
> your car.
>
> If we can be any more assistance please do not hesitate in contacting us.
>
> Regards
>
> AMD

:confused:

I emailed em again saying I wanted 200 Bhp;

2nd AMD email:

Stuart ,
I was just having a look at the MOUNTAIN of E mails and noticed the reply
someone from here has sent you.
The response is Totally incorrect.
200 bhp from you car is no problem if the car is OK to start. We power test
before ,during and at the end of a mapping session on our 4WD Rolling Road.
Cost is £550 + VAT

Sorry about this but someone has thought your car was a NON Turbo !!!

Hope this clarifies

Geoff

I have asked if they have experienced problems from AYP engine (again), and what sort of post re-map results they have been seeing on these cars - will update when I get the info.

At the moment APR and AMD are looking front runners, Jabbasport are next, and RSD are way behind.

All comments on any companies are appreciated - I am a firm believer in word of mouth - if you've had good experiences, or bad experiences, let me know. Also, any more companies we should consider?

G

·
I am running the Upsolute on a Trial at the moment and all is going well after some problems at the start!

Mich is a superb bloke and will not B******* you and is very very helpful!

Its all down to personal choice and I would say that Jabba sport is the most rounded product and service of all of them!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.