SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Guys

Last night my Toledo starting running really lumpy. I've taken it to an independent VW garage who at first said it was prob juts leads but now said coil pack needs doing aswell. At first price was £170 but now gone up to £330 due to getting wrong price from seat.

Just wanted to know if this seemed about right. Also how hard would this be to do. I'm assuming it would take a lot more time then it would the garage but if it is a straight forward job may do it myself

Any thoughts

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
ermmm dont know about the V5 but certainly on the ibiza and leon, they cost £30 each (i think) and you pop them in and out in about 2 mins :s so £330 i'd tell them where to go......if I were you I'd ring up a SEAT garage yourself and ask how much a coilpack is for your car

·
Registered
15 Posts
i had problems the same as you missfire and no power. i had the ECU red and i came back with a temp sensor fault and the engine was alway in cold start mode. i changed that and still the same so my next option was the Coil pack or leads but i managed to borrow a MAF sensor from another V5 and the problems stopped. so i got a new one from Seat costing me around £40+ i think and the cas was like it was out the factory with more power better on fuel and more responsive. im not saying it will be your MAF sensor but you have to wach when checking the fault codes on the ECU as thay say one thing but its not alway right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts