SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am thinking of buying some coilovers to lower to 40mm rather than just on springs. What do people think of G-Max. Ok for the money? I'm a bit skint, so not sure I can afford the more expensive option
Cheers
Ollie

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok cheers for that Andy, will have a look around and maybe give them a ring to find out. Trying to save my money cos i'm a skint student. So any money saved is a bonus.
Cheers

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
well i think when i bought them it was quoted as 60mm but i'm thinking its prob more like 40mm.
If i'm honest i prob wouldnt have wanted to go anylower. very very rarely would it rub, only when i was carrying 4 rugby player sized people

·
Registered
951 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Fairy muffs.

Anyhoo...I'd not go for overly harsh coilovers if you do decide to get some.

Spring rates are important for comfort when considering coilovers.

I've got 8kg per mm springs on the front
6kg per mm on the rear.

Quite a bit firmer than standard, but vastly improves the handling and not too uncomfortable.

Also, don't be tempted to go for hard springs to counter body roll.

Thats what uprated anti-roll bars are for!

·
Registered
951 Posts
Depends to be honest.

Some people hate them, some people rate them.
Pretty sure most people on here don't rate them at all, but one of my friends had Gmax springs on his car, went upto coilovers, and then went back to Gmax.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
ok sorry to hijack the thread but im wanting some suspension that i can adjust when it comes round to mot time so i dont smash my body kit when i put it on.is there a set up that can be pumped up via a air line to adjust the height? or would adjustable coil overs be a better option? they need to be a reasonable price too.i dont ask for much do i lol :mad:P

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lol at the above posts - picture is blantantly photoshopped in the signature.

Coilovers are not worth a 40mm drop IMO. Would be utterly pointless in spending out the obscene amounts of money on them for not much return. Now getting hold of a set.. then winding them right down... ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.