SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does or has anybody sprayed the blackish/grey strips that are on the front and back bumpers so that everything is colour coded.

I reckon that they just pop out, but I aint had a good look.

Any ideas ?

Ovv

G

·
They are a bit of an A*** to get off mate, we took mine off at the mechanical day and the plastic has a chunk out of it!

Steve has come up with a novel idea and he might post it up later!

I think that it was suggested to buy some new ones and do it that way!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Think the new 1's only cost about 15 - 20 quid each (dont quote me on that).

Should check with Roly for the price of new 1's.

·
Premium Member
9,548 Posts
Phoned my dealer about this today and was told it would cost around £90 exc VAT to get the front and back colour coded......l am seriously considering getting this done!! :elo:

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
:D

Had bumper inserts done for about a year now..Only cost me £60 including new inserts and also VATand that was at a local VW Bodyshop.

Daz..

:D :D

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Loafer has very kindly sent me these piccies to put up on the forum of his beeza with the bumpers fully colour coded.

Pic 1:

·
Registered
306 Posts
I've always thought about it but never sure how it would look,

THEY LOOK GREAT IMHO:D

·
Registered
251 Posts
1. Yes they pop out just with a screewdriver

2. It doesn't look that good. The original looks better, go get and see them in person. The picures vary!

Anyway it's up to personal decision

G

·
Steve has had his done on his Blue Ibiza Cupra and they look very nice, If I keep the bumpers I am looking to have them smoothed completly!

·
Registered
306 Posts
I think you're right about having them smoothed off. If anyone has it done, post some pics and how much it was :D

Another first for SE:elo: :elo: :elo:

G

·
1. Yes they pop out just with a screewdriver
What! I dont think so, they do pop out eventually. Take your time and have a few plasters handy is my best advice. (Or just cut them off, ahem).

2. It doesn't look that good. The original looks better, go get and see them in person. The picures vary!
Thats cool, you're opinion and all that. But you can't have seen any done properly to make that comment surely.
Even my SEAT dealer has commented that a) its looks a lot better. b) it looks standard.

:p

·
Registered
251 Posts
Originally posted by loafer

What! I dont think so, they do pop out eventually. Take your time and have a few plasters handy is my best advice. (Or just cut them off, ahem).

Thats cool, you're opinion and all that. But you can't have seen any done properly to make that comment surely.
Even my SEAT dealer has commented that a) its looks a lot better. b) it looks standard.

:p
With a screwdriver you can easly get them off - I did that already

If you owe ovni yellow ibiza it looks better with the black - grey ones than with the yellow ones. My friend and me did that on his ibiza + we 'whet' it and put lute on it to get flat surface. He ownes car painting company so it was done professionaly + when I saw Cupra R in Switzerland it looked the same.

But I don't know about other colors. You have Ibiza Cupra R's in U.K they have painted plastics. You can find one and check.

Anyway it's always up to personal choice. I think that black or blue should look nice, but I can't really tell since I didn't saw any!

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Cupra dave i was about to say the same thing, lads get ur cars frenched, smoothed to bugger and sprayed it would then look like 1 piece and the front would look soooo sleek.

The black strips would suit a car with black alloys though

1 - 20 of 30 Posts