SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, you've come to this thread because you're considering an FMIC (Front Mount Intercooler) for your car..... well..... heres a small review from me :)

Firstly, I had nothing to do with the fitting at all - I've been away on a course for a while and had my car serviced and sorted while I was away.

I've had the FMIC fitted to my Leon. OH. MY. GOD. :D:D:D:D

The FMIC is the single most worthwhile mod possible for a remapped car, especially stage 2 revo folk. It has TRANSFORMED the car!

The car pulls like a train, on a private road I was cruising at 90, planted my right foot and it pulled as tho i was doing 20 in 2nd gear - I hit 120 before I knew it! It has increased torque for certain, and if I don't have a bit extra power due to it I'll be suprised. (Although not sure on just how much)

I was running timing 6 boost 6 on car before the FMIC, I've now been able to adjust settings to 7 and 7 and the car feels like its got an extra engine behind me now :D I cannot stop grinning. When I get chance to VAG-COM it I'll see if i can alter settings for more ;)

So, if you've got stage 2, or perhaps a remapped car (maybe even standard, I don't know) GET An FMIC. £700 odd sounds a lot, but the remap and car are transformed!

The Forge FMIC fits like a dream (so I'm told) - its flippin HUGE in comparison with the SMIC thats standard, and I'm happy to say the 2nd best mod for power on my car (1st was remap of course).

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Sounds very good mate,might have to start saving my pennies!!Thats after ive splashed yhe 450 quid for the full Blueflame system though!
Will have to stash a little bit every month without the missus knowing!

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so many people have been thinking about doing it but thought there was very little gain - all I know is i argue with that now - the gain is quite considerable! Like i said tho, I shall wait til another rolling road session before checking out figures (not that it matters though) - but I've been grinning loads !

·
Registered
277 Posts
It is a worth while mod csd_19 made a proven 26bhp increase with the forge FMIC on his K04'd Cupra the intake temp went down from 70c+ to 25c compared to the SMIC.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
your bad pabs.. trying to get me to spend more money....

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
You sound like a happy fella :aham:

I was looking at getting one of these from forge and then decided I could DIY a FMIC but decided to ditch the whole thing last minute.

Seen Rudmeisters car when it was for sale and that was awesome! had a fmic and many many more mods ... if it was for sale now I'd have it straight away. But then doing the miles I'd be spending a lot of £$£$£$ compared to my lil TDi :rolleyes:

Let us know what this FMIC is like when the hot/warm weather is here.

Moses

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well from some logs that the installer did it showed temps drop to about 24 degrees when booting it - and yesterday here was 20degreesC roughly.... so its working ;)

I'm well chuffed - however, I think I have a problem with my car which I'm a little worried about (its nothing to do with the FMIC though)

·
Registered
192 Posts
i want one!! sounds like si could have a new group buy venture!
how difficult are these things to fit? is it just a few hoses or do u have to take out loads of engine to get them in?

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
unfortunately only picking up the car yesterday means I didnt get any pics - and I won't have a guide as such as I didnt fit it myself.

I'll try and get some pics at the weekend.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeh, craig's been showing me his pics...

Its amazing how well it works though - obviously forge have spent ages designing these to make them so effective.

Also makes the front of the car look more aggressive - although i expect dirt will soon remove the new shiny intercooler look :(

·
Registered
49 Posts
i've heard that on the cupra fitting a large fmic can effect the rad cooling a little and the aircon rad intake too. has anyone on here got any info on wether this is the case or not before i go and blow a wad on one of these please?

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can say that the engine fan does come on more often than before - i never used to hear it come on at all before, only on rare occasions, but now i have heard it come on 2 or 3 times in the week i've had the forge fitted.

Aircon is just as cold, car is much better than before - so i'm not complaining!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts