SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The side repeater on my 5 mth old cupra is broken - one of the clips has snapped, and its now hanging out. This doesnt appear to be as a result of any vandalism, so I presume its just faulty weak plastic which has broken. Is this under warranty? Is it common?

Also, my brakes grab a bit, doesn't seem right having only done 5k - indicate a potential problem I should get looked at?

Cheers:)

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
I would imagine that if stuff is starting to hang off your 5 month old car that wasn't a result of you bashing it or having it vandalised that it should be covered by warranty...

Apart from that, you enjoying the car? Where abouts in midlands are ya?

Chris :)

G

·
Originally posted by CupraClaire
The side repeater on my 5 mth old cupra is broken - one of the clips has snapped, and its now hanging out. This doesnt appear to be as a result of any vandalism, so I presume its just faulty weak plastic which has broken. Is this under warranty? Is it common?

Also, my brakes grab a bit, doesn't seem right having only done 5k - indicate a potential problem I should get looked at?

Cheers:)
We get plenty of indicator's going through on warranty at work, same situation, no damage, just faulty plastic.

Do the brakes make any noise? is it only first thing in the morning?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Yep they squeel, but the grabbing/squeeling is not just 1st thing, most of the time - although maybe not after a hard drive - will have to check.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Originally posted by Steve

We get plenty of indicator's going through on warranty at work, same situation, no damage, just faulty plastic.

Do the brakes make any noise? is it only first thing in the morning?
R U thinking what I am thinking?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Bill

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
The brakes on Cupras are a nightmare, they squeak and squeal all the time!

My mums one has only done 1800 and she now hates driving it for this fact!

There is a thread in the problems with your car section which tells you all about them in detail!

Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.