SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the cupra 20vt has ESP on it ?
My traction control light flashes on hard steering and i was wondering if this was something to do with ESP control ?

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Originally posted by simontribb
Does the cupra 20vt has ESP on it ?
My traction control light flashes on hard steering and i was wondering if this was something to do with ESP control ?
No ESP on our Beezers. It does have TCS traction control which is your flashing light. Leaning on it out of corners will promote the inside frotn wheel to want to spin....

only three acronyms on our car.... :p

ABS, TCS & EDL (, Antilock Braking System, Traction Control System and Electronic Diff Lock)

regards
Bill

·
Registered
306 Posts
Does this happen when going quickly around corners? Mine does it too, managed it in fourth!:D It's just traction control trying to do its bit.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Yup it is the TCS cutting in.. when throwing it into a corner the wheels obviously start to lose grip and so as expected the traction control goes bonkers and takes over to control the wheels..

I find it actually sometimes helps out when banging it into a corner in the wet, as it holds back the throttle until the car is straightened up before letting loose with the power and preventing a vacation to the 'outer hedgebridies'..

I do think it spoils the fun though and doesn't allow me to use my driving skill, so turn it off most of the time... can be handy when I aren't 'going for it' and just driving in a relaxed manner quickly down country lanes.. prevents getting caught out..

I think that youhad to specify ESP on the cars.. and it was probably only imports that had it.. they never asked me if I wanted ANYTHING extra with my car other than the multichanger when I got mine.. which was naff.. as I would have happily bought strut brace, bigger wheels and ESP on it if they had asked at the time.. would have gone on the finance.. now I have other things to spend the cash on.. typical dealership just wanting to get the sale done and car out the door I reckon.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Seat UK apparently claimed that UK Ibiza only have TCS and not ESP because the engine bay on the RHD car doesn't have enough space for the ESP system.... however, you can buy a RHD Import with ESP as an option!!!

Ben

G

·
Originally posted by BenS1
Seat UK apparently claimed that UK Ibiza only have TCS and not ESP because the engine bay on the RHD car doesn't have enough space for the ESP system.... however, you can buy a RHD Import with ESP as an option!!!

Ben
Not the case unfortunatly.

When i ordered mine they asked if i wanted it and i said YES!

Then 3 weeks later they rung me and told me RHD ibiza's can't have it:wound:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts