SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know exactly how good the standard alarm/immobiliser is on the Ibiza Cupra 1.8 20VT (02 reg) and is it thatham approved (not really bother if its not as doesn't matter to me on insurance) but just wondered :confused:

Loads more questions to follow (probably)

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
I was told by SEAT that the alarm is not thatcham approved, but the immobiliser is Cat 2.

Don't leave it standard though in my opinion, like Steve has just proved!

Chris :)

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Originally posted by Steve
I can disable your alarm from the OUTSIDE with no keys or any tools.

Get a clifford!
Tell me how this can be done mate...
PM if you please...

and the Cupra is Thatcham listed.

Bill

·
Registered
484 Posts
Originally posted by Chris_20vT
I was told by SEAT that the alarm is not thatcham approved, but the immobiliser is Cat 2.

Don't leave it standard though in my opinion, like Steve has just proved!

Chris :)
Didnt even know it had an alarm untill it went off the other day :cn
I was also told the immobiliser is Thatcham approved :) some rolling rack thing i think they said :confused:

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Originally posted by Steve
I can disable your alarm from the OUTSIDE with no keys or any tools.

Get a clifford!
how :eek: ???? i can do it with tools but not without

·
Registered
54 Posts
The standard alarm is actually not an alarm, its a cry for attention!! Whenever my car gets lonely it calls me using its alarm, particularly in very hot weather, very heavy rain or when its on a ferry!!!!:D :D

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Or when someone in a Nova with a 10 foot wide exhaust and a bass box drives past!

Does anyone actually know what the button in the footwell of the rear passenger seat behind the driver actually does? I read something about it in the manual but I'm damned if I know what the paragraph I read actually meant....!

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
push it once and it will turn off the interior monitoring (sensor in the roof on the passanger side) when u lock the car.
this should stop the alarm going off when the n*va boy's come past u, but if someone was 2 break a window or get in without opening a door the alarm won't go off.

it reset's itself when u unlock the car so u need to push the button again if u wanna turn it back off.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
im not sure if it turns off the interior sensors, i would think so coz it switches of the whole alarm system.

the immobiliser will still work coz that operates as soon as u remove the key from the ignition and as far as i know there's no way of turning it off

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.