SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this problem out tonight. when i slow down for a junction it just cuts out, i take my foot of accelerator it will cut out, sometimes it wont start, after its left for a while it will start first time, but it does idle when first started but when trying to drive it just dies. need help asap. wasa going to post pics of my car up but am busy trying to fix it what a nightmare!!!!!!!!

My dad was playing around with fuse box but everything seems to be in the right place could someone take a pic of theirs a mk2 ibiza please.

Just noticed something else the fan doesnt come on when started.

Any suggestions and help would be much appreciated.

cheers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why would my fan not be coming on? it used to stay on for a while after i turned the car off, everything under the bonnet is red hot. The throttle body has been cleaned and still does that. i think it may be electrical problem because my dad swapped relays made a mess took out two clips and replaced with relays, but now cant remember what went where. that why i was needing pics to where it all goes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The fan is coming on now so thats that problem sorted the throttle body has been cleaned put on a new coil but still cuts out when slowing down to round a junction. so im thinking it might be a fuel problem, would it be worth changing the fuel pump. i also read on anothe post that redz had this sort of problem, she changed the gearbox speed sensor where would this be?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A had the car checked it was the fuel pup that was the problem so thats changed and is working perfect. i know this is a different question but do you know where i could get my engine bored out its a 1.4 a wouldnt mind making it more?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.