SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Any ideas as to why the dash warning light (engine with a flasy through it) has come on?
The manual says if there si excess polution, then it will start to flash! This is on all the time?
Would be grateful for any suggestions.
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers - I guess that would be helpful!
It's a Seat Leon, 1.6 16 valve, 2003. Although the manual shows a 'flash' going through the engine sign, it doesn't actually have a flash going through it.
Thanks again
Andy

·
Registered
653 Posts
Ive had this on my car mate and Im trying to get mine fixed as we speak.

What it means is you probably have 1 (or combination of the following) things wrong.

VAGCOM will bring up sayingyou either have an air leak, O2 sensor or Lamba sensor. with one of those going it will bring this excess polution sign up on the dash. even clearing thc odes wont help, you will need it fixing. mines due in garage on wednesday, ill try and get hold of fault codes/prices and exact list of problem. I'd advise getting it to a garage to get looked at or fixed asap as mines struggling tostart now in cold weather, prbably due to air leak and air being too cold.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers mate,
It had the tdc sensor, map sensor and gas treatment done last July at a cost of £270.
Took it into the garage today (non-Seat/VW) it turns out is an EGA which I think stood for exhaust gas something. Anyhow, the guy re-set the warning light and the car ran like it was on 3 cylinders, hunting really badly so we unplugged the connection on the 'EGA' and it runs sweet as a nut - only problem is that the warning light is back on. It might be worth trying this before you commit to any spending!
The mechanic advised to take the unit off and clean it (as it can get gunged up) before replacing it with a new one. HAS ANYONE DONE THIS???
Cheers!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Well I got my car back and it was the rear lamba sensor that had gone, that was what was causing the trouble for mine at least. The part was £103, garage only charged £30 to fit so wasnt a bad job overall really, nice to have my car firing right and my eyes arent burned by the light on dash!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts