SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked with expert who helped creating those engines (today he runs chip tuning company) and the only difference should be the exhaust. He also said that could be the reason for power loss when chiped.

I think that there is some truth about this.

I was also told that AQX had only one lambda sonda and APY has two of them.

Those who have AQX, please check for how many lambdas you have.

I was told that the max I can get out of my mota is 195 HP if I change the turbo inlet pipe.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Originally posted by Surfer_D
I talked with expert who helped creating those engines (today he runs chip tuning company) and the only difference should be the exhaust. He also said that could be the reason for power loss when chiped.

I was told that the max I can get out of my mota is 195 HP if I change the turbo inlet pipe.
Did he mean exhaust from downpipe back? or was this exhaust manifold back?
Pretty important.

Could you find out?
Who is this guy?

Sounds very interesting.
regards
Bill

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by badger5

Did he mean exhaust from downpipe back? or was this exhaust manifold back?
Pretty important.

Could you find out?
Who is this guy?

Sounds very interesting.
regards
Bill
Good question, I'm not sure but i think from downpipe back since from manifold back it shouldn't be so much difference in hp.

I'll find out, but in half a month since he's on vacation from today.

He helped develped this engine and still in SI if the dealers have problems with 1.8 T engines that they can't solve they call him.

G

·
Originally posted by Surfer_D

We have checked the exhausts already, same part no. for aqx and apy:( (Including manifold)

The internals have different part no.s ie crank and pistons though.

Some aqx engines have 2 lambda probes.(Jabbasports one included)

·
Registered
123 Posts
where does the extra 6bhp come from over the golf4/a3? ios it in he intake manifold ? is this the tt part or just happens to look the same?

G

·
Originally posted by redman
where does the extra 6bhp come from over the golf4/a3? ios it in he intake manifold ? is this the tt part or just happens to look the same?
The manifold has the same part no. as the TT 225.

Not sure where the 6bhp comes from, proberly mapping.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Not sure where I heard this, but the downpipe was said to be a difference between the Ibiza and Golf, but as Steve said, just as likely SEATs software is doing this too.

Bill

·
Registered
6 Posts
Regarding all the speculation between Engine types on Ibiza Cupra 20vt

Was surfing http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeromain and have found a thread -

vwvortex forums - technical - 1.8t forum - 1.8t FAQ.

As im not technically minded im wondering if this could be the answer to why some Ibiza's are reaching the 200bhp and some are not. hope this helps -

"Engine Differences- MY 2000 was the first year of the 1.8t for the golf/jetta, this engine code is the AWD. The

motor comes with a K03 turbo. The AWD K03 has a 43mm inlet. Next came MY 2001, some early 2001's are AWD's while the

others are all AWW. AWw mtors have a k03 sport turbo, basically a k03 with a k04 impeller wheel. It allows it to

make more boost at higher RPM's. This allow's bigger gains when a chip is added. Also the AWW has VCT, variable cam

timing, which works on the lower RPM's to bolster low RPM torque. The AWW's have a 44mm inlet vs the k03 43mm inlet.

For 2002 the engine code was changed to AWP and the motor is basically the same as a 2001 AWW except they are now

rated at 180 from the factory. This was done through different programming. when chipped both AWW and AWP's have

equal results. Also both the AWD and AWP motor's have slightly larger DP's then the AWW motor. Something minor to

keep in mind"

The thread has quite a bit of info on and may be worth looking at. Sorry dont know how to create a link to that thread etc etc

mike

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Than I'm without ideas, I'll get in touch with this guy as soon as he gets from vacation...and than I'll brain wash him

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I heard that NO Ibiza Cupra's where ever fitted with the hybrid K03 turbo... they all have the same standard K03 and not the sport version.. so that isn't the reason..

I would guess more likely to be engine internals that are different..

G

·
Originally posted by NEWSTARTER
Regarding all the speculation between Engine types on Ibiza Cupra 20vt

Was surfing http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeromain and have found a thread -

vwvortex forums - technical - 1.8t forum - 1.8t FAQ.

As im not technically minded im wondering if this could be the answer to why some Ibiza's are reaching the 200bhp and some are not. hope this helps -

"Engine Differences- MY 2000 was the first year of the 1.8t for the golf/jetta, this engine code is the AWD. The

motor comes with a K03 turbo. The AWD K03 has a 43mm inlet. Next came MY 2001, some early 2001's are AWD's while the

others are all AWW. AWw mtors have a k03 sport turbo, basically a k03 with a k04 impeller wheel. It allows it to

make more boost at higher RPM's. This allow's bigger gains when a chip is added. Also the AWW has VCT, variable cam

timing, which works on the lower RPM's to bolster low RPM torque. The AWW's have a 44mm inlet vs the k03 43mm inlet.

For 2002 the engine code was changed to AWP and the motor is basically the same as a 2001 AWW except they are now

rated at 180 from the factory. This was done through different programming. when chipped both AWW and AWP's have

equal results. Also both the AWD and AWP motor's have slightly larger DP's then the AWW motor. Something minor to

keep in mind"

The thread has quite a bit of info on and may be worth looking at. Sorry dont know how to create a link to that thread etc etc

mike
Not the answer unfortunatly,

We have checked the part no. of the turbo's and all three engines have the same one.

G

·
Originally posted by gillm
hello mate nothing to do with engine codes but i got my seat belt fixed today so you dont have to feel guilty any more (not that you ever did lol ):p :p :p :p
LOL!

I did mate! felt like a right prat!

Glad its mended!;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts