SEAT Automobiles Forum banner

digi cam pics

544 views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  CarreraGT 
#1 ·
managed to borrow a digi cam @ long last and get some pics of a few things

i've got em saved onto the pc as JPG files but can't post em coz there to big

how do i make em smaller so i can post em up ??

help me please (that means u smithy) ;)

#3 ·
roly, to reduce filesize reduce the amount of colours, ie, reduce it to 32k colours as this wont affect clarity but will have a fair effect on filesize, also as long as its smaller than 680x500(ish) and is in the jpeg format should be around the 50k mark or so.

G
#8 ·
bloomin' eck! Brendy, u don't half make it sound difficult! LOL :D

Ben, ya need some kind of graphics software to resize them properly, which is bottom line.

JPG format from a digi cam probably makes the file size just under 1/2 a megabyte.

Sometimes MS Paint does the trick, located in Accessories in the Start menu of Windows. Resizing is easy through this. HOWEVER, sometimes it doesn't give u the option to save in JPG format, and even if u can, the quality of the pic is reduced too much!

Either get some decent graphics software, or the short term solution for now is mail the pics to either myself or someone else and we'll resize them for u! If I do it, I can upload to webspace for u to download them after resizing.

Send me a PM if ya want my web address that has 20meg available. I can also sort u out with the graphics software and a *cough* ....crack ....*cough* ....copywrite .....*cough* ...if ya want! LOL :rolleyes:

#10 ·
i've already got microsoft photo editor but i just can't work out how 2 resize the pics, will it work in this or do i need something else ?? also got ADSL so no probs with speed :)

#14 ·
paint shop pro 7 is really handy lads, just pull up the pic you want to edit, and click on image tab, resize, and erduce it to what ever size/percentage you want, if thats not enough then click on colour tab, click decrease colour count, click file and save as.. and save it as whatever you want wherever you want and as a jpeg pic and thats it!! simple!!

#15 ·
Right Ben, matey boy! I got MS Photo Editor and im gonna give u some step by step instructions for resizing them in there and its pretty easy!

First of all open the picture

File ----> Open

Once u've opened the desired picture go to

Image ----> Resize

U will then be presented with a little panel with some measurements for the width and height of the picture which u can adjust!

U can either adjust those measurements by clicking on the little up and down arrows or by clicking on the up and down arrows on the pecentage by the side of the width and height measurements. They both do the same thing! BUT before u do that u will have to make sure that the "Allow Distortion" Box is UNCLICKED. If u leave this clicked and u adjust the height the width will remain the same and vice versa and u will end up with either squished or long pictures and they will look gay! :D Once u've changed it to the size u want.

GO save them

File ---> Save As

and rename them as different file so that u dont overwrite the bigger ones as u might want these for something else later on

If u know u dont need them and ur happy with the resized picture just go to

File ---> Save

Hope this has Helped :D

Apologies if i've over explained things but i dont know ur degree of computer litracey :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.