SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pete

I was lookin at the line drivers on the main site and was wondering if they are any use to me, my amp has a front and rear imput and the sub output takes a feed from both front and rear rca feeds(if you get what i mean) so i can't have a bass cube.

So,

Do i need the TLD22 or the TLD66?

Does the TLD22 do 2 sets of rca's or 2 rca's? as i need 2 sets!

Will this actually make my stereo louder or just better quality?

Available through BBG? maybe a phonecall is in order!

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Which amp do you have again? I think you can have a bass cube, but will need to check...

As for the line driver I'm not sure that you would need one. Isn't your controller box, where the rca starts from, in the boot anyway? if so it's not going to make that much difference. The big difference with a line driver is that you can turn the amp gains all the way down which makes them run cooler and gives you a slight increase in quality. The higher voltage signal also helps prevent interference from effecting the signal on the RCA. But if you have short RCA runs then you don't need one. A Bass Cube would make a bigger difference.

As for the two models, the TLD22 is a 2 channel, meaning left and right. So you would need one for each RCA lead. or a TLD66 which allows 6 channels, left + right x 3.

I've PM'd you mate, something else for that phone call... ;)

Pete

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't use a bass cube, ive already asked.

My control box is under the glove box, with a 6m rca going to the amp.

Worth it then?

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
You might see a benefit then if you have a 6m RCA. Might be worth trying, your amp wouldn't have to work as hard at least...

Oh and about the BC... Oh I think you can... I'll need a look but I think it can be done easy.

Is there a set of RCA inputs for the sub channel, that's not being used at the minute?

Pete

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There isn't a sub input mate, thats the problem,

The sub runs off a combination of the front and rear inputs

Kinda like a nfp kinda!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.