SEAT Automobiles Forum banner

Do you use eBay?

• Yes, of course! I couldnt live without it, its fantastic...

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No way, I have more important things to do with my time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only to sell stuff I acquire, never to buy!

• eBay? Never heard of that one before...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
I do. Never used to, but since buying my Landie I've bought a lot of small bits on there. Doubt I'd ever spend much more than £50-£70 though, unless it was a very reuptable seller. Haven't sold anything yet, as I just can't be bothered with working it all out and the hassle of it all!

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
I buy quite a lot of stuff from ebay and I've also sold quite a few things...bought and sold cars, cd players, tft, random bespoke things you'd never find anywhere else, sold my broken laptop for over £100 lol ummm. and I've never had any problems apart from one guy that I sold a phone to complained it was damaged and left me bad feedback but tahts about it!

I also use it to buy my n64 games :p:

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
S1BDN;785138 said:
What dya reckon would be the best thing to sell on Ebay if you wanted to do something small?
Stickers ;) Loads of people want stickers for cars, all sorts from the 'Kenwood' stickers, right through to things like 'Tdi' stickers. Not much needs to be stored ('cause they are flat), cheap-ish to produce, cheap to post etc., and just about anyone can get them made up and then sell them.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
S1BDN;785138 said:
What dya reckon would be the best thing to sell on Ebay if you wanted to do something small?
Been wondering the same myself.... make a few quid for the "mod pot" lol

LCR splitters, 100% profit!! :shocked7fl:

People sell "R" badges etc. for nigh on 100% profit too...

Spend a day going around car showrooms & pick up a load of FREE brochures, people sell them for around £5 each! Sold one myself for just over £10, was an old 1993 Mazda RX-7 brochure I found while I was having a sort out :biggrin9gp:

Got a stack of magazine back issues lying around? Currently selling some old Top Gear mags for a few quid each... some people have "buy it now" auctions at £5 each + postage - seems people are happy to pay that too.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I use ebay alot, im on looking 4stuff most days. Ive bought car parts, cds, football programmes n loads of other stuff.

Most of the stuff i have on/in my car i bought of ebay. I bought my suspension kit,silvatech bulbs,DTM mirrors, my JVC 6x9 speakers, my sub, sub box and amp. Also got my centre console and a haynes manual.

Also bought my induction kit from there, thinking of sticking it on ebay to try n sell it cos ive decided not to put it on my car now!

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Jonny;785248 said:
Been wondering the same myself.... make a few quid for the "mod pot" lol

LCR splitters, 100% profit!! :shocked7fl:
Lol how very true! There's 3 on there at the moment, 2 starting at £20 with approx £10 postage, and the other is £20.72 with £9 postage! Be better just to get yer backside to the dealer and get it cheaper! :laugh8kb: :rofl8yi:

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
csd_19;785279 said:
Lol how very true! There's 3 on there at the moment, 2 starting at £20 with approx £10 postage, and the other is £20.72 with £9 postage! Be better just to get yer backside to the dealer and get it cheaper! :laugh8kb: :rofl8yi:
The guy selling the Cupra R splitter is a Seat dealer I believe, and is advertising them as a Leon Cupra R splitter for the Leon Cupra R. The £20 selling price is about right, but yes, by the time you pay the postage on top it would be cheaper to go and get one yourself :yes4lo:

The people I was refering to was the likes of goingfast_info & goingfast_euro_customs who advertise them as a "race sport spoiler lip" and "rare & hard to find" and although they say they're "genuine VAG", they don't actually mention the Leon Cupra R. They advertise them as a "performance accessory" for the Audi A3/S3 and Mk4/Mk5 Golf and sell them for £44.90 + £9.95 postage :angry6wn:

People with an Audi or VW see this "genuine" auction by a "reputable" seller and don't even think that it's actually a standard LCR part, and assume that just because it's on fleabay, it must be cheap! :no6xn:

They also sell £5 "R" badges for £9.50 + £2.95 for an envelope & 1st class stamp... and while I was looking for a set of Mk4 Golf wiper arms & blades (which are around £60) I found them selling them for £74.90 + £9.95 p&p... again, advertised as "rare & hard to find"... :eek:o7dt:

If people are stupid enough to pay these prices, lacking the common sence to shop around or too lazy to visit a dealer - more fool them! On the other hand, I think it's wrong that companies are allowed to fill their van with dealer car parts & flog them for double the RRP.

·
Registered
618 Posts
csd_19;785428 said:
I've seen someone advertise an LCR splitter as the "perfect mod for your Corsa/Clio/Fiesta".... the wee muppets bidding on it had got it up to £35!! rofl! :D
By advertising for those cars they are aiming at young drivers and most of them wont know any better. Hate to say it but i was just as naive once :-(

Talking about things to sell, my mates uncle goes to charity shops and boot sales buying the most random stuff and selling it on ebay. Thats what he does as a living!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.