SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody great forum,its my first post so go easy with me.
My 1997 alhambra drivers door window mech has broken, and struggling to remove panel with out causing too much damage.Anybody got any info how to remove the panel..
THANKS.

·
Registered
111 Posts
lower the window!
under the door release lever/finger pull is a removable trim plate, carefully prise this out, under this is a large Phillips headed screw, remove it
you can either pop the leccy window/mirror switches out now or leave them till later and unplug them when you have access to the rear of the panel?
to remove them now you need to push the trim plate they are located in towards the front of the car and lift the rear of the plate out of the door, the switch plate is held in place by a couple of lugs, the front lugs are made so that the plate will slide forward allowing the rear lugs to disengage
with the plate removed, unplug the loom and store the switches somewhere safe
if you have door lights? remove these as well, stick a small flat bladed screw driver in to the slot at one end and apply pressure to undo the locking clip/latch unplug the loom and store
next is the hard bit! unclipping the lower edges of the door card! 11 clips in total IIRC? use something thin and flat to prise the card away from the door! a putty knife etc apply GENTLE! pressure to the door pocket while you lever the card away from the door it helps! once you have unclipped/broke all the clips! the card is held in place by the trim alone the top edge of the door/glass wipe strip, with the card pulled out slightly at the bottom and lifting it up and out of the window/glass section of the door
if it's come out then the only thing now holding it back is the LED wire! unplug this and it should lift away with no problems!
next you have the moisture barrier a grey plastic moulded sheet DO NOT CUT IT! cut through the silicon sealant holding it in place! like your filleting a fish! run the blade flat with the door cutting through the sealant as you want to reuse the moisture barrier sheet!and only remove enough to allow you work so you don't have to reseal/replace as much
have fun

1 - 3 of 3 Posts