SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love a dump valve on by ibiza 20vt
What ones work ok on a standard ibiza as i have heard some mess up the engine managment system ?
Also is there any performace gains ?

G

·
Simon,

At the moment the only Atmospheric one that works is the GFB one that we trialled and it only works on standard ibiza's so If yoou get it chipped then it wont work :(

On the Recirc side you can have either a Forge DV006 or Forge DV007 or a Turbo XS REcirc

I am running a Turbo XS Recirc at the moment!

I can get a discount on both for you!

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
you can also use a bailey dv , thats what i have . but i heard on another seat side (not a very good one ) that if you remive your maff sensor you can have an open loop dv . i dont know if this works or if it is possible maybe steve knows , if so it might be the way forward , but it will be a power loss !

·
Registered
502 Posts
The Americans run most modded 20VT motors without MAF sensors.....and with Atmospheric dumpers.

The only way you can get round this is to run it with a custom mapped ECU....like MoTeC/Emerald etc...

Maurice Reeves with his 400bhp Mk1 20VT runs a an Emerald ECU i think, with Atmos valve that works perfectly.

Lots of money though..just to make ya car fart!

Lee

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Originally posted by Chungster
The Americans run most modded 20VT motors without MAF sensors.....and with Atmospheric dumpers.

The only way you can get round this is to run it with a custom mapped ECU....like MoTeC/Emerald etc...

Maurice Reeves with his 400bhp Mk1 20VT runs a an Emerald ECU i think, with Atmos valve that works perfectly.

Lots of money though..just to make ya car fart!

Lee
Correction re Mr Reeves.
His Mk1 runs Haltech management and his MK2 runs DTA management.

Haltech, mapped by Jabbasport, DTA inherited and adjusted by Jabbasport as the original install was by the late great John Jones. (AudiGoldHits)

regards
Bill

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Originally posted by CupraSi
How much is one of these ECU's Bill?
The Haltech was gettign on for £700-£900 I think form memory but included all sensors and loom etc...

The DTA which is what I work with is £550 for the EXP48 and £850 for the P8PRo. (plus vat)

ECU prices alone... other parts like loom etc are extra.

P8Pro is cool tho as it support, launch control, traction control, antilag etc etc...

Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.