SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what is the best dump valve or recirculating valve? i have been informed that it is the Forge 007 but also Bailey has been mentioned.
I have recently bought the Forge 007 and to be honest it has made a big difference, less lag and seems to be smoother but there is no noise.
:confused1bb:

G

·
Pete the answers are in the forum, this gets asked every week and its the same answer ...

Its a recirculating dumpr valve not an atmospheric dump valve and wasnt made to make a nice noise its meant to be more resiliant than the plastic Bosch one.

Some people get a whoosh noise by having a Induction Kit

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
yeah the forge is probably one of the best ones along with the split-r valve that forge do, which is sort of half and half. THe bailey is re-circ as well

·
Registered
217 Posts
hello pete the spltr is 75/25 75 re-circ i have on on my cupra this is a link to what it sounds like

it sounds beter when your driving as well

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
reno;783150 said:
hello pete the spltr is 75/25 75 re-circ i have on on my cupra this is a link to what it sounds like

it sounds beter when your driving as well
thanks, what induction kit would be best?
got me Forge fitted at Drivers in Glasgow,£95 fitted, they said a Green cotton K&N would be best at £120 fitted?
I have emailed Star performance in the past and they said to get the BMC CDA induction kit £230 fitted? not sure which would be best, eventually I want exhaust, intercooler upgrade and stage 2 remap.

any help appretiated

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think you would be best off getting the BMC CDA and just fitting it yourself. But saying that if you would rather hear the dv it would be louder with a basic cone filter. :yes4lo:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lofer;783251 said:
I think you would be best off getting the BMC CDA and just fitting it yourself. But saying that if you would rather hear the dv it would be louder with a basic cone filter. :yes4lo:
any idea what the difference would be performance wise?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well there’s the whole heat soak thing but I’m not sure that its that much of a problem when your moving at speed as there will be vast amounts of cold air rushing through your engine bay. There is another option. I’ve got a jabba induction kit it use's a jr cone filter but there is a stainless heat shield that sections off the engine bay and utilises the standard cold air feed.

(http://www.jabbasport.com/product_fulldetail.asp?ProductID=153# ).

I’ve been very impressed with it, I think Neuspeed do a similar one.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lofer;783316 said:
Well there’s the whole heat soak thing but I’m not sure that its that much of a problem when your moving at speed as there will be vast amounts of cold air rushing through your engine bay. There is another option. I’ve got a jabba induction kit it use's a jr cone filter but there is a stainless heat shield that sections off the engine bay and utilises the standard cold air feed.

(http://www.jabbasport.com/product_fulldetail.asp?ProductID=153# ).

I’ve been very impressed with it, I think Neuspeed do a similar one.
thanks i will look at both options, I just want to make sure I get a decent airfilter for future mods.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts