SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else on here got an Ibiza Cupra R with the Scorpion upgrade alarm???

On a few occasions I have managed to roll down the windows using the remote control, I haven't got a clue how I did it and can't find anything in the instruction book.

Is this a half decent feature of the alarm or have I got temporary gremlins running round my car?

Please shed some light on this because on trying to make it do it again I either set off the panic alarm or just open and close it a million times.:confused:

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
was the alarm dealer fitted ie factory or after market? as some aftermarket alarm installers some times get wrong wires n things the worst ive heard is when a bloke switched his radio on is armed his alarm (freaky)

Some cobras can close windows if they are open but most def not actually open them, take back to dealer or where the alarm was fitted.

it is sortable though so not to worry!

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Weeman

The car is how I picked it up from the dealership ie the alarm was already on.

The car has the standard Seat alarm which along with the immobiliser is cat 2.

This has an additional Scorpion upgrade alarm which makes it cat 1.

I've tried e-mailing a few companies who fit Scorpion alarms but none have replied yet.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Is the scorpion a cat 2 - 1 upgrade?? ie you have no separate key fob it uses the original remote in the ibizas key?

Have you got a instruction manual for the alarm? It sounds like something is causing the alarm to extend the unlocking pulse!

try winding all the windows down and locking the car and see if you can get the windows to go up?

It may be something like that alarm on receiving a tripple click of the unlock button extensds the locking pulse and therefore opens the windows.....

Any help???

matt

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
I also have a cupra r with the scorpion upgrade and if i arm and then dissarm the alarm and the arm it again both my windows will open?
It will only happen when i do this to the alarm.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yuc R youv'e hit the nail on the head mate.

Just tried mine locking then unlocking and on the third attempt the car unlocked and the windows rolled down half way.

Not a bad feature for if it's a scorching day, but I get the feeling it shouldn't do it otherwise I don't think Seat/Scorpion would expect you to open/close the car that many times.

Matt1e the alarm does operate from a seperate keyfob and does close the windows if down. But what is missing from it is the fact this upgrade alarm dosen't relock itself if accidentally opened. Which the standard Seat alarm does.

The standard alarm is still operational but i've tried arming both alarms to see if this would make it relock and it doesn't, if I turn one alarm off it seems to turn them both off.

I would like more light shedding on this question but not sure who to ask. My local dealer is ***+++***+++***(guess I can't say)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yip mine does the same thing sometimes lol

Anyone that can shed some light as to how to get it to do it on pupose please , I have tried repeating what I done contless times but can never get it to do it twice lol

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Crofter mate

Has your Cupra R got the black sill guards with a red R on them as written in the brochure???

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello sorry its taken so long to get back to you, as to your question no the windows dont roll down off the alarm, but if your car has been fitted total closeur on a timer relay then it could now & again roll the windows down if you turn the alarm off shortly after turning it on, i hope this helps
Good luck

Matt1e this is the reply I got from a retailer that fits Scorpion alarms. This e-mail really does work dunnit Hail the PC lol!!!

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Originally posted by Yuc R
I also have a cupra r with the scorpion upgrade and if i arm and then dissarm the alarm and the arm it again both my windows will open?
It will only happen when i do this to the alarm.
yup - I concur ;) , but it's pretty random.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.