SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a 1999 T REg Alhambra TDi, 92K for £3800

Very happy with the car but have some minor issues,

a) the drivers side control switch for the passenger electric window doesn't work, although the passengers switch does. Is this just a switch problem or something else?

b) I appear to be getting no power from the cigarette lighter socket although the radio works which I think is on the same fuse.

c) There is a lot of engine noise on tickover, more of a vibrant rumbling which dissappears when the engine revs are increased.

d) the radio controls on the stalk are difficult to operate, you have to apply a lot of pressure to operate, are these easy to clean or cheap to replace?

I look forward to receiving favourable answers to these issues.

·
Registered
111 Posts
a. possible wiring fault/failure? the loom between the A post and the door fails!
b. no different fuse IIRC? check the very top row of the fuse panel! get you head right down in the foot well and look up under the dash! there are a few fuses up there that you wont see unless you look hard enough!
c. possible aux drive belt tensioner/pully bearing failing!
d. no idea? could try giving them a squirt of WD40 and see if that free them up?

·
Registered
88 Posts
As to 'A' I had the same problem with my SEAT Arosa (see post below)

http://www.seatforum.net/forum/showthread.php?t=67807

It was the switch and when I prised it open, showed corrosion so obviously few drops of rain or something had got in?

If you remove the switch pannel you can swap the connector at the back with the passenger one (so that the passenger switch operates drivers window) to test if it is definatly the switch.

Hope this helps ;-)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts