SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I have an 02 Ibiza SE, my wife went to use it earlier and it would not start!. Well the battery was flat so used leads to start it started straight away!.Now I have the Engine diagnosis light constantly on.My car went flat a while ago and I had the same fault light coming on but it went out after I drove the car for a while.

Has anyone had thesame problem? will this light go byitself? after the car resets itself or if not is there a way I can do it myself?. Failing that the book says take it to mainstealer, does anyone know the cost to reset the fault light.

Help would be welcomed

Thanks

Jason

·
Registered
653 Posts
Might go off by itself otherwise go see a local garage and get them to vagcom and delete the error code, if it dont come on after that ur car's fine, if it does, somethings broke posibly air leak, oxygen sensor or lamba and dont think they just go, it will get progressively worse likem ine did if it is one of those

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi

If the battery goes flat it can throw the light on......However if you jump start a modern car you do whats called "spiking" the engine ECU which is caused by a power surge !!!!! always charge the battery if flat. I would suggest that the light could be turned off without any fuss....We wouldn't charge for this most main dealers will charge a rate of about £30 -/+

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.