SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Cupra has a misfire when floored, and looses a decent amount of power.

It only seems to happen when the engine is hot - my local agent can't find anything wrong, and nothing ever shows-up on their diagnostic equipment

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tatt, the Leon posse or our resident Mechanical Man Steve arnt in tonight, but I am sure that they will pick up on the thread tommorow.

Welcome to the forum, its good to see another Leon owner as Pete has been nagging me to get some more in ;)

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Sounds like the intake temp is going over the ecu's set max and it's shutting down to prevent damage.

I've never had this problem to be honest even after my chip so can't really be any more help.

Pete

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tatt, another Leon driver here. I find that I suffer from a lack of responsiveness after a long drive. Ok I roast it but I would agree with Pete in that the intake temps are too high especially if youve come off a motorway and then are poodling round town. The heat under the bonnet is just immense.:p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info on my Cupra.

The problem only surfaced about 1000 miles ago - up until then, there had been no misfire!

The misfire only happens when I put my foot flat, at no other time. the turbo oscilates up and down very clearly (+ the power loss can be felt).

TATT

·
Registered
452 Posts
Have you tried the ignition coils? I belive these can be a common fault, could be breaking down under load or when very hot. This may not show up on the diagnostic equipment if intermittent.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I cant believe that it isnt logging a fault!!, the only thing i can think is the knock sensor might be buggered and retarding the ignition to much but the ecu must think it is ok, if it was a coil problem you would be getting intermittent misfire faults logged, you might want to ask the dealer for a printout of the fault code section to see if the're just being lazy and cant be bothered to look into it!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Well I'm not 100% in dealers reading fault codes! They couldnt get the code out that mosser had logged on VAG COM for mine! Luckily they took my word for it:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by TATT
Thanks for the info on my Cupra.

The problem only surfaced about 1000 miles ago - up until then, there had been no misfire!

The misfire only happens when I put my foot flat, at no other time. the turbo oscilates up and down very clearly (+ the power loss can be felt).

TATT
It sounds like the surging problem that most Leons are suffering from,

Not a definate cure as yet, i think people are trying different N75 valves(N75 is the valve that controls boost) but with mixed results.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.