SEAT Automobiles Forum banner

What do you peeps think???

• 2.5" rolled pipe

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 3" rolled pipe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 x 2.5" rolled twin pipes

• something else (please state in a reply)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people, I'm going to put a stainless steel exhaust system on my 2000 Leon 1.6s. Now then I know I want a mildy deep exhaust note, with a subtle "rasp" when I begin to open up the throttle, now the people I've booked with "Longlife" in Basingstoke can do this, my bookings not 'til early June, coz Ive got my hols in may :) and monthly pay etc...... Originally I wanted a 2.5" rolled tailpipe, but a mate said that would look good on an old Mini, but a bit limp on my Leon, and he suggested a 3" rolled pipe, then I suggested what about 2x 2.5" pipes together, and he said that would be blah blah blah, you get the idea!!! So I don't want anything mahoosive, but nothing too small, jus subtle. I'm even considering oval pipes!

So what do you people reckon??? the car is standard bar the wheels and suspension. Pleeeeaaaassse help me!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
18" Stainless Steel Dustbin.. !!

I'd go for a single 4" Jap style exit.

I have a 5" jap exit on my SS system and in honesty it is a little bit too big, would prefer a 4".

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dont decide yet, wait until you get there!!! I had powerflow do one for My pug 206 GTI, I had picked a tailpipe off their website and when I got there I asked the guy to hold it up to the rear bumper to see what it would look like.... I didn't like it one bit! So we got the selection of tail pipes out and held them up one by one, and finally found one that suited, which I would of never of picked in a million years! It suited the car perfect! I am going bk to powerflow next week with my Ibiza TDi as my back box is falling to bits, and am having a cat back system, but this time im not going to decide on a tailpipe until i get there! Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Sensible suggestion.... I should have done that but unfortunately I was being picked up from the garage straight away and didn't have time to wait and decide so went with my first thought.... Probably wasn't the best choice really.

·
Registered
191 Posts
TDi_Mart;784269 said:
my Ibiza TDi as my back box is falling to bits, and am having a cat back system, but this time im not going to decide on a tailpipe until i get there! Hope this helps
Why not get them to remove the cat too? diesels don't need it in to pass the MOT and it'll give you a good bit more poke!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts