SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched the forum to avoid duplication....I don't think this has appeared previously.
Problem is stereo in 2001 Leon.
Gone completely mad - changes to CD changer at random, radio cuts out and stereo beeps at random (very annoying), all control buttons un-responsive (occasionnally stereo comes back to life - so this is window of opportunity to change station), CD player jumps to different tracks & different CD mid track, again this is intermittent and completely random.
Worst of all wife's Take That CD is stuck on repeat at the moment.

Seat dealer reckon that they have heard of this and stereo needs replacing - which I don't mind doing because it could do with updating, but just thought I'd check to see if anyone knew about this problem and if there are any fixes??????????????
Also any tips regarding replacement??

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
sounds like you need a replacement, however its always good just to pull the stereo out and check the connections onthe back. but from what your describing i'd say its more likely to be the stereo :)

id go get a nice new aftermarket one ;)

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Check eBay, you can pick an OEM one there fairly cheap - the Aura unit is great and gives off a good sound!

I'm having a similar issue, but my changer keeps cutting off - it's down to a bad earth though I think.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Chris_TDi;781802 said:
Check eBay, you can pick an OEM one there fairly cheap - the Aura unit is great and gives off a good sound!

I'm having a similar issue, but my changer keeps cutting off - it's down to a bad earth though I think.
I agree, when I brought my 02 plate Leon, they showed me the Aura headset that was going in, I wasn't too impressed as it only had a tapedeck in it, but then aded a 6 cd changer in the glovebox, and bob was yer uncle.

Creates a really good sound...plenty enough to annoy the neighbours of a morning!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.