SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv'e just received an Autometer boost gauge today and I'm now wanting to know how all you peeps have fitted yours eg

Which line have you plumbed into in the engine bay to pick up the boost/vacuum (using what fittings/pipes etc please)?

How have you run the pipe through the bulk head and where?

How is the electrical feed wired up for the illumination of the bulb?

Any pictures, comments veiws or ideas much appreciated please.

P.S. what pods you lot using and from where?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Cupra R, I'm in the middle of writting a fitting guide for a boost gauge (An Autometer as well!!!) in an Iibza Cupra for the site. The only thing that is lacking at the moment is pictures (bloody digital cameras!) if you give me your email address I will send you the guide in word format (its a bit to long to post). I have put one picture in the guide from another site that shows you where to tap into in the engine bay for the boost/vacuum which is probably the most useful one.

Brian

·
Registered
909 Posts
bought a double pillar pod at trax on sunday for 10 squid which i intend to colour match to interior, got any piccies of this autometer gauge or www preferable and how much was it?? cheers..

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Originally posted by Shock_Xe
bought a double pillar pod at trax on sunday for 10 squid which i intend to colour match to interior, got any piccies of this autometer gauge or www preferable and how much was it?? cheers..
And he was like a child with a new toy.... :D:D I saw you trying it for about 10 mins... ;) hehehehe ( BTW I'd've been the same.. ;) )

Pete

·
Registered
909 Posts
Originally posted by Pete

And he was like a child with a new toy.... :D:D I saw you trying it for about 10 mins... ;) hehehehe ( BTW I'd've been the same.. ;) )

Pete
damn right. The only thing i bought that day :( I was messing about with it for 30mins when i got home!!!! I was dissapointed with the selection of stuff to buy though, especially cause i had nearly 500 squid available to spend on bargains!!!

·
Registered
909 Posts
Originally posted by Miffer
I got my gauge from the site below, I thought that it was a pretty good match for the Ibiza dash;

Boost Gauge

Brian

PS Redman, when you say you are after similar info do you mean the fitting guide? If you did then drop me a mail at [email protected]
hmmm, not sure what the match will be like, Does it light up red? I was looking for something with a chrome surround instead of black which i notice they do as their lite version! any1 tried these ones?

Also does any1 know how to fit the electronic oil pressure and temp gauges???? i.e. Whats needed etc?????

·
Registered
69,316 Posts
Originally posted by Shock_Xe

damn right. The only thing i bought that day :( I was messing about with it for 30mins when i got home!!!! I was dissapointed with the selection of stuff to buy though, especially cause i had nearly 500 squid available to spend on bargains!!!
I know I had a pocket full of cash and found nothing... There's never anything to buy at trax, should have known better... Even the Spax rep told me they don't do a Leon fitment... But they do, so he lost on a sale...

Wanted a boost gauge and only saw one that looked anything like... and it was ****in expensive..

Pete

·
Registered
148 Posts
Shock, it does glow up red but the light comes around the rim on the edge of the dial and not fully back lit like the dash dials which is a shame. If you want I could take a pick of mine at night for you to see!

Brian

·
Registered
909 Posts
Originally posted by Miffer
Shock, it does glow up red but the light comes around the rim on the edge of the dial and not fully back lit like the dash dials which is a shame. If you want I could take a pick of mine at night for you to see!

Brian
yes please, im looking at buying all 4 (oil temp, oil pressure, boost and volt) just need to know how the oil ones work

·
Registered
148 Posts
Shock, the pictures never turned out. I had to use my sisters camera (mine is dead) which will not take pictures in low light!!!!!! I will try and get another camera and try again!

Brian

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Steve

Is that an A pillar pod youv'e got?

If so where did you get it from?

And what's it fit/look like?

G

·
Originally posted by Cupra R
Steve

Is that an A pillar pod youv'e got?

If so where did you get it from?

And what's it fit/look like?
It most certainly is!

I got it from demon tweeks for about £20, looks ok but its started to crack around the edges now so im going to re-do it.

They are mega( and i mean mega) annoying to fit! But look great and look tidyer than a pod just plonked on the dash.

Ill get you a pic of where you wire it in from so it dims with the rest of the lights.;)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.