SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any chance someone can write a wee review for the forge DV? Noticed on the main site theres one for the whooshy DV but im not keen on getting this one? A bit unreliable me thinks?

Cheerz

Gareth

G

·
Gareth,

Steve has done write ups on all of the DV's that we have trialled!

Forge DV004
Forge DV006
Forge DV007
Turbo XS Recirc
Turbo XS Atmospheric
GFB Dual DV
Bailey Recirc
Standard Bosch

Did I miss any?

Cool

G

·
Originally posted by CupraSi
Gareth,

Steve has done write ups on all of the DV's that we have trialled!

Forge DV004
Forge DV006
Forge DV007
Turbo XS Recirc
Turbo XS Atmospheric
GFB Dual DV
Bailey Recirc
Standard Bosch

Did I miss any?

Cool
Nope!

Will be on the main site on thursday.

G

·
Originally posted by CupraSi
Cool ........ the old memory hasnt gone yet then lol!

BTW Stve, Nicci asks for her knickers back! :moony:
LOL!:D

There a bit stretched mate, tel ya what ill do, as she and you are good mates, ill lend ya a pair of me boxer's for a while, til the cacks shrink a bit, hows that sound:wow:

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I run a DV007... very pleased with it... good throttle response and reduced lag quite considerably...

It also gives an audible 'whoosh' when you have the radio/cd off and the windows shut... lets you know it is working... but doesn't let the world know..

I am looking at getting the GFB as I really want an atmospheric dumper... saw a brand new STi in prodrive kit bangin it around bradford on saturday night.. loudest bloody DV I have ever heard... very entertaining... I want one just to annoy the sh*t out of those bl**dy corsa boyz that rev their 1.2 engines with fat peco back boxes on... lol

Anyone got a GFB they don't want.. ?? ;) lol

G

·
I am putting the GFB from Impossible back on this weekend and then I will see how it goes on Monday when I go to Impossible for the switchable chip!

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
When it doesn't work on your chipped car Si... let me know.. my car is standard.. would work lovely on mine and sound sweeeeeeeeeeeet.. ;) lol

If anyone has an unwanted GFB let me know.. don't really fnacy paying a full £150 for one after only having my DV007 on a couple of months.. lol

G

·
I have already taken the GFB one off as it was leaking air and Mich could see it as we were going along and it wasnt allowing the boost to go up or summat so thats that I am back to teh Turbo XS Recirc!

·
Registered
858 Posts
went to this hillclimb race thing once. Called shelsley walsh. very good. There was this Pikes peak versoin if the group B rally audi Quattro. i spoke to the owner. It had 1500 hp turbo charged 5 cylinder engine. The DV on that was awsome. had old anti lag aswell so there were flames comingh out of exaust. the Dv was like a bang really. absoluteluy amazing.

James.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Si: you fancy getting rid of your GFB then as it won't work on your chipped motor????? ;) lol

I can hear the dump whoosh of the DV007 inside the car with the windows shut as the air is dumped back into the system, and really do think that it should be heard by others... like old ladies and small children as I drive by... heheheh

'Pssssssssshhhhhhhhh'...!!!

Drop me a mail or summink n let me know..

[email protected] or [email protected]

Cheers.. ;)

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Originally posted by Scoobster
I can hear the dump whoosh of the DV007 inside the car with the windows shut as the air is dumped back into the system, and really do think that it should be heard by others... like old ladies and small children as I drive by... heheheh
Mine's getting louder I think - esp. after fitting the Hurricane kit.
Let one of my mates test drive it so I could hear it from outside, and when it's being driven hard towards you - you can't help notice the whippy sound of the DV.

Can hear it nicely from inside - windows up or down... :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.