SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to you all, new member and my first post.

I've just got a 55 plated 1.9TDI tiptronic Stylance for the wife to replace a renault scenic. Don't pick it up for a couple of weeks due to work committments but I'd like to ask a couple of general questions:

Air Con: I've read this forum and several of you have mentioned problems with air con. Are all cars effected and at some stage in the future I'll be forking out as small fortune myself, or is it a small percentage of cars?

Tyres: Again there are several entries about front tyres wearing heavily. Is this on the 17 inch wheels or are all cars at risk.

Hopefully I'll have no problems with mine it was first registered Dec 2005 and has 15,500 miles on the clock, looking forward to picking it up.

Dave

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi

I can only comment on my own personal experience 02 1.9Tdi
The air con was a problem.
There was a problem with the inherited tyres but i had little problem once i had put new rubber on, would suggest that this has more to do with driving style. If you are a boring old fart like me who predominantly travels on main trunk roads and motorways there appears to be little trouble. I cannot comment on people who do a lot of miles on country roads or who are quick off the mark at the lights.
If you intend to keep car outside of SEAT warranty would seriously consider getting some extra cover.
Overall though i can only praise the vehicle and to cap it all i have just bought another one so something must be right somewhere.
I hope you enjoy the car.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The air con on these cars is no diferent to other cars they tend to go wrong when given little use must work at least once a week to lubricate the system.as for tyres ive had two alhambra and no issues with tyres.
You got a very good car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I shouldn't have mentioned air con as it may have jinxed me.
I went to pick up my car , a 55 plated 1.9 Stylance as mentioned above from a Seat Main dealer yesterday.

Five minutes down the road the wife and I decide that the air con isn't cold and go straight back to the showroom. A quick check by the service manager and what do you know the aircons not working.

Being a Saturday they don't even have anyone that can give it a quick look over, so instaed of driving away in our nice shiny Alhambra we've been given a 3 door Ibiza to use until they can fix ours, not the ideal car when we've got 2 kids under 3.

I've read on another thread that some cars have a low pressure switch that prevents the air con compressor running when presure is low to avoid damaging it. Would a Dec 05 car be fitted with this.

Garage seems to think it just needs re gassing. Am I right in thinking there has to be to it than that as my 8 year old Toyota has been regassed once and our old scenic was never regassed .
Dave.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts